Yak-tion - Narra Lakes.

stylo

Went for a yak-fish yesterday and another successful session. It is just so different from being land based. I almost felt sorry for the land based anglers out there today :) Fished soft plastics all day moving all around the lake.

Picked up undersized tailor, bream, yellowtail/slimy mack (I think?) and this ...

post-2873-1188052270_thumb.jpg

post-2873-1188052295_thumb.jpg

New PB for sand whiting at 39cms. A variety of plastics used as shown:

post-2873-1188052370_thumb.jpg

post-2873-1188052385_thumb.jpg

The green goblin picked up the whiting top of pic.

Well done Stylo,

Really big whiting seem to like soft plastics, I have also picked them up in areas where I would not think of whiting fishing. I'm not surprised they hit the shad pattern, I think all my big SP whiting have.

Southerly

Edited by southerly

Went for a yak-fish yesterday and another successful session. It is just so different from being land based. I almost felt sorry for the land based anglers out there today :) Fished soft plastics all day moving all around the lake.

Picked up undersized tailor, bream, yellowtail/slimy mack (I think?) and this ...

post-2873-1188052270_thumb.jpg

post-2873-1188052295_thumb.jpg

New PB for sand whiting at 39cms. A variety of plastics used as shown:

post-2873-1188052370_thumb.jpg

post-2873-1188052385_thumb.jpg

The green goblin picked up the whiting top of pic.

Hi Stylo. It looks like you can definitely sneek up on them much better in a Kayak than an electric to me.

cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Well done Stylo!! You'd better get that yak for Fathers Day, I reckon!!!

That is a stomper whiting! You can get them on the flats with small poppers, too.

Went out today & will do so again tomorrow!!

Cheerio

Roberta

Southerly, it wasn't the shad (white), it was the green bug that the whiting took on a sz 2 jig head. The shad did not get any hits but I was hoping for a flattie to hit it !!

Roberta, I ain't got kids so I think it will have to come out of my own pocket !

And to the others ... kayak/fishing is really enjoyable. I was lucky enough to jump on a mates yak and give it a go 2 weekends in a row. If you don't want to get a boat but still want to get out there for a fish, yak is the way to go. Hell of a workout and there are lots of advantages over land based fishing because you can get out there to the deeper water.

Problem is I must buy my own yak now !!!!!!!

Just note that it wasn't easy going. There was a bit of persistence involved as we were out for 5 hours and only hooked up 4-5 fish.

Southerly, it wasn't the shad (white), it was the green bug that the whiting took on a sz 2 jig head. The shad did not get any hits but I was hoping for a flattie to hit it !!

I stand corrected, should open eyes before typing. Good luck on the yak purchasing hunt, what fun. I fished middle harbour with a few other yaks this morning, very slow above the spit so I paddled to the eastern side of clontarf chasing flathead. Got one and dropped 2 then headed home. A great day to be on the water.

Southerly

......Roberta, I ain't got kids so I think it will have to come out of my own pocket.....

Aha!! All the more reason to get one before the family comes along!!! Well done!

Cheers

Roberta