South West Rocks - Early Morning

james7

Is there a better place? I've been visiting South West Rocks for a few years now. I just love it! There's no better place to be than on the beach at sunrise. Of course, chasing some kingies at Fish Rock is fun too!

post-4381-1188354677_thumb.jpg

post-4381-1188354699_thumb.jpg

post-4381-1188354734_thumb.jpg

post-4381-1188354718_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Peter

Is there a better place? I've been visiting South West Rocks for a few years now. I just love it! There's no better place to be than on the beach at sunrise. Of course, chasing some kingies at Fish Rock is fun too!

post-4381-1188354677_thumb.jpg

post-4381-1188354699_thumb.jpg

post-4381-1188354734_thumb.jpg

post-4381-1188354718_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Peter

Nice pics mate!

It's fabulous country up there Peter and Kempsey Council certainly helped South West Rocks along nicely.

Ever walked along the path that leads to the river mouth, coming in from the end of the little dirt road and had a night session there?

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

WOW

Why would you want to be any where else

Here on Fishraider there is a phenominal (cant spell is there a spell checker) amount of talented people

Is the photographer a pro or just a person with a camera like so many of us. With some of the photos on here they could do a coffee table book no words just photos

absolutley awesome

It's fabulous country up there Peter and Kempsey Council certainly helped South West Rocks along nicely.

Ever walked along the path that leads to the river mouth, coming in from the end of the little dirt road and had a night session there?

jewgaffer

No jewgaffer, but if I head up there again in January, I'll be asking for some fishing advice. I've only ever fished the beaches and been outside twice in a boat. I'd like to give the river a go some time.

Cheers

Peter

Here on Fishraider there is a phenominal (cant spell is there a spell checker) amount of talented people

Is the photographer a pro or just a person with a camera like so many of us. With some of the photos on here they could do a coffee table book no words just photos

absolutley awesome

Thanks for that. I'm just a keen amateur photographer. Mind you, I think I'm better at taking photos than catching fish! One bit of advice is ALWAYS take a camera with you! You never know what you will see.

Here's another one from SWR

post-4381-1188358813_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Peter

HI Peter,

Magnificent photo,s taken of some of South West Rocks scenery. I too visit the Rocks to fish in July each year. It is essential to take the cameras especially when sunrise or sunset is happening. I took a photo one sunrise at the boat ramp of a herd of the local kangaroos standing on the hill sillouetted against the rising sun. Unreal shot. Also closeup shots of the dolphins on the Macleay. My only concern is that progress is changing SWR but that's life.

CHEERS BART :1fishing1::thumbup:

Magnificent photo,s taken of some of South West Rocks scenery. I too visit the Rocks to fish in July each year. It is essential to take the cameras especially when sunrise or sunset is happening. I took a photo one sunrise at the boat ramp of a herd of the local kangaroos standing on the hill sillouetted against the rising sun. Unreal shot. Also closeup shots of the dolphins on the Macleay. My only concern is that progress is changing SWR but that's life.

CHEERS BART

hey bart if you fish swr in july give me a call i fish hat head every june /july maybe we can wet a line together....bob

Hey Bart and Bob

What's the fishing like at SWR in winter?

And Bart, I'd like to see those photos you mentioned.

Cheers

Peter

Love the pics

I brings back many memories of the place

I have gone there since i was 2 months old

Grandparents live there :thumbup:

I have seen many changes over time

used to love going down the back creek and seeing the boats moored

Hey Bart and Bob

What's the fishing like at SWR in winter?

And Bart, I'd like to see those photos you mentioned.

Cheers

Peter

Hi PETER,

The fishing is good ,relaxing and the ideal cure for stressed out City Folks. I love the place.

The only thing that pisses me off are the young testerones who fly past and leave about a metre of wash. I wont worry their turn will come one day.

Re the photos Peter, I somehow have to download from my SONY movie camera with those shots mentioned. I am still a novice at that,being a 1940's love child.( hate the term BABY BOOMER)

However I am working at it.

CHEERS BART. :1fishing1:

Great pic's Pete

Damn it's been more than 20 yrs since I was last a SWR

we use to go every easter and fish the taylor at fishrock

and watch the kings cruise by totally ignoring us :1prop:

Getting into the sea mullet run under the jail jagging trebles

seeing a metre plus flatty pulled out from the breakwall by a bloke

using a slab bait of snapper that he found in the bottom of his

freezer :1prop: and fishing the gutters on smokey cape beach

prawning the main beach after a king tide opened the lagoon up

hmmmm back when I had hair, was half my age and the :wife:

was looking :thumbup:

It's OK she can't see what I'm typing :biggrin2: and she still

looks :thumbup: to me :biggrin2:

Chris

Hi CHRIS,

Dont let it get you down mate. Life gets better, as we get like the trees with more rings around it.(AGE.) So don't let the grass grow under you

Get up there and recapture those memories,and don't forget to take the wife.

CHEERS BART :1fishing1:

Love the pics. brings back many memories of the place. I have gone there since i was 2 months old

Grandparents live there. I have seen many changes over time

used to love going down the back creek and seeing the boats moored

Damn it's been more than 20 yrs since I was last a SWR. we use to go every easter and fish the taylor at fishrock and watch the kings cruise by totally ignoring us. Getting into the sea mullet run under the jail jagging trebles. seeing a metre plus flatty pulled out from the breakwall by a bloke using a slab bait of snapper that he found in the bottom of his freezer and fishing the gutters on smokey cape beach

prawning the main beach after a king tide opened the lagoon up

It would be great to see some photos of SWR from "times past" if any of the Raiders can find them.

I've only been visiting there for a few years, so I can't tell if it's different now.

I hope it doesn't change too much in the future. I like it just the way it is.

Cheers

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

It would be great to see some photos of SWR from "times past" if any of the Raiders can find them.

I've only been visiting there for a few years, so I can't tell if it's different now.

I hope it doesn't change too much in the future. I like it just the way it is.

Cheers

Peter

Peter

i will see what i can dig up

i will be a while but