just a quick report

went to the wier after work to see if the bass had arrived

and they have in good numbers and size

spent an hour chuckin surface walker for 3 landed and a heap of strikes

that missed the hooks biggest was about 40cm the smallest about 30cm

sorry no pics left the camera at home

cheers

miller

It's a real good sign when bass are starting to "de-hibernate" following the rare August warmth and it looks like this particular algae bloom has some of the good nutrients in it then ?

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

hi all

just a quick report

cheers

miller

awsome mate, looks like the kayak is gonna be dusted off for a session real soon.

i went down for a quick flick on last light this arvo for a couple of strikes on divers, betts spins, poppers, fizzers and walkers.

the water was extremly dirty with heaps of weed on the surface which probably didnt help. great arvo on the water though with a few baitfishos coming up dry on the humble worms also.

cant wait till the weekend when i can get the yak down to devlins.

Which part of the Nepean River can you fish from ? Anywhere along it ?

Just that I have never been before .. mainly fish saltwater ...

Is freshwater fishing a lot different to estuary fishing in terms of tackle, baits, style etc.

Appreciate any kinda info you are willing to divulge.

:1prop:

hi all

just a quick report

cheers

miller

Mate that news is sweet. We'll have to head done for a surface session. Ive been trying for carp with no luck. Lots of eels though.

Good to hear, i fished up stream of the M4 bridge last saturday arvo , also tried out the new 15hp Suzuki. The Water was still way too cold. Fished for an hour for nothing. What side of the weir are you fishing?

Is freshwater fishing a lot different to estuary fishing in terms of tackle, baits, style etc.

Mate you can get the suckers anywhere, pretty much.

I have only just been biten by the bass bug so cant devulge to much - cause i dont know :074:

But i am sure your questions will be answered in due course.

Next time you head up this way let us know and we may be able to organise a few of us down the river

Mate you can definitely fish any part of it once they arrive. If you fish towards Yarramundi it will mostly be on surface lures. Once the water warms up the weed starts to grow below and anything but a surface lure gets caught up. Not necessarily a bad thing though, as there is nothing like surface strikes.

:beersmile:

i went down for a quick flick on last light this arvo for a couple of strikes on divers, betts spins, poppers, fizzers and walkers.

the water was extremly dirty with heaps of weed on the surface which probably didnt help. great arvo on the water though with a few baitfishos coming up dry on the humble worms also.

cant wait till the weekend when i can get the yak down to devlins.

Hi Adrian

The sign of bass de-hibernating so early this August in these conditions may have been a flash in the pan. Could have a congregation of bass confined to an area which had "sleepers" among them. May have been territorial as winter grasses have not recovered going on the state of the water.

It would be good value to see reports coming in over the next few weeks or so. It would be quite unusual to see my son Paul up there again just yet and he has quite a few Mercs and Minn Kotas to run in on the little bass boats he imports from the U.S.

You too are as keen as mustard Adrian and funny you know, when I pulled up alongside you and the boys when we were on the way to the Hawkes that day, and we spoke at the traffic lights in Pennant Hills Rd, and I saw your set up, something said to me, that must be Kingies till i die, coincidence ay mate?

Regards

hi guys

i was just fishing off the wier at penrith

the fish get held up because of the wier

im heading down on sat or sunday arvo

so if any of u head down and see a big bloke

with a shaved head and goatie come over and say hi

cheers

miller

hi guys

cheers

miller

Yep, Miller! That's what it is. Good thinking to test out a weir after we had near record warm weather this August.

The water warms up quite a bit from the sun where it stops at a weir.

That's where a lot of the critters have assembled, ay? That's really good info for all!

Never know I may get my tassies out and we'll have a fish up there one day.

In the mean time I'll try to paste this link of my young son Paul's youtube home video when he was playing around up at Penrith, throwing jitterbugs at bass and opening the throttle a bit running one of his bass boats' new Johnsons in.

Cheers mate & thanks for the good location tip. I know eveyone will apreciate your good effort there :thumbup:

PS And Miller have a watch of young Dallas 147's other youtube videos on the link above if you've got a bit of time to see some of the best quality Australian Snooker matches .One of the playrers , Neil Robertson (Vic) is a future World Champion of the standard of the best players at the Cruciable in Sheffield England.

Another few of the players on the videos likewise, Shawn Budd, Nick Vasic and Glen Wilkinson, all Australian Title Holders and they used to work for me when I was in the game in the early and mid nineties. The quality of the play, I'd say would be the best to be seen from Australians. HOPE YOU ENJOY .

Cheers

JG.

Edited by jewgaffer

Hi Adrian

The sign of bass de-hibernating so early this August in these conditions may have been a flash in the pan. Could have a congregation of bass confined to an area which had "sleepers" among them. May have been territorial as winter grasses have not recovered going on the state of the water.

It would be good value to see reports coming in over the next few weeks or so. It would be quite unusual to see my son Paul up there again just yet and he has quite a few Mercs and Minn Kotas to run in on the little bass boats he imports from the U.S.

You too are as keen as mustard Adrian and funny you know, when I pulled up alongside you and the boys when we were on the way to the Hawkes that day, and we spoke at the traffic lights in Pennant Hills Rd, and I saw your set up, something said to me, that must be Kingies till i die, coincidence ay mate?

Regards

cheers mate, i think you may be right due to some other huys i have spoken too saying one day they are on and the next they are no where to be seen. shouldnt be long now till the water warms that little bit more and we can all get stuck ito them.

it is definately a small world thats for sure but thats a good thing i reckon. hopefully see you out there again soon when i get back from holidaying in QLD.

hi guys

cheers

miller

Hey mate,

I will probably be down there myself with a mate or 2 on sunday.

I will be taking worms though as I have not had much success on lures so far this year. (of course I will take the flick stick and lure case down as well)

I have been picking up small bass on worms near the weir for about 6 weeks or so now. I normally get down the river to start the season from the start of August the last couple of years as they are coming back earlier and earlier each year. I have been fishing the Nepean system for about 20 years or so I would say and the river has not been in this good condition (except that it is still very dirty after all the rain weeks ago) for about 10 years. I am very excited about the up and coming season.

There are several spots further down toward Yarramundi which are more productive for bigger bass but I wont target them until I start getting some near the weir. These spots are a lot harder to get to. Very inaccessible without a Yak. (reminder to self: Buy a Yak asap)

It should be another bumper carp season this summer too. Big boys up to about 9-10kgs near the bridge. I know that they are a filthy fish, but big fish and fun fight all the same.

If I see you there then I will trot up and say hello.

kill em hang em in a tree thats over hanging the water come back in a week when theres maggots all through it and fish around it where the maggots have been dropping in the water there will be bass there or you could always use them to stick under your mates car but your gonna have 1 very angry mate in a weeks time

mick