First Flattie

blue marlin

[attachmentid=22142=][Finally took my 4 year old son for his first trip outside,was a bit worried about the sea sickness but the sea was flat and the wind wasnt forecast to blow till the afternoon so it was time.On saturday night i gave him the good news that he was going all the way out the heads i should have taken a photo of his face when i told him.Anyway woke hime at 5.30 and with the wife getting his clothes and food ready we were off. We stopped at the heads and had a throw for a squid,first throw a nice squid for bait that should do us.Out the heads we went down to the flathead spot just off the merries. First drop and he was on should have seen his face :1prop: fishing in 35 meters of water took him a little while but he got his first flathead. For the next 4 hours he caught fish after fish. We ended up with 17 flathead 1 mowong and i was only allowed to bring in 2 and not one JACKET :yahoo: Tell you what i am a proud father :thumbup:ttacahmentid22141]

post-2662-1190015990_thumb.jpg

post-2662-1190016030_thumb.jpg

Edited by nudge

That's a nice haul of fish and congrats on your son.

Just seeing them pull in a decent fish is the best reward you can get.

I have been waiting for a flat day to take my 7 yo son out, but he was playing soccer on Sunday and I was working Saturday so we missed out.

Next time !!!

Cheers

Greg

Way to go for the proud dad.......

maybe an up and coming junior through the rank's there nudge....

this wouldn't be same nudge (grahame of xo) ???

Cheers Warnie........

Sure is warnie going to sign him up soon. If we go to south west rocks this year will try and get him his first marlin with a little help!

Sure is warnie going to sign him up soon. If we go to south west rocks this year will try and get him his first marlin with a little help!

Nudge.......

as you are aware there is no shortage of us up there at south west rocks at xmas time

feel free to have an open invitition.........

to jump on board any time with the whipper snipper.......

and give him a go on the rod...........

there's no better oppertunity than at chrissie at the rock's........

to get him his first marlin......

bring the video camera you'll cherish it for life......

Cheers Warnie........

Nudge.......

as you are aware there is no shortage of us up there at south west rocks at xmas time

feel free to have an open invitition.........

to jump on board any time with the whipper snipper.......

and give him a go on the rod...........

there's no better oppertunity than at chrissie at the rock's........

to get him his first marlin......

bring the video camera you'll cherish it for life......

Cheers Warnie........

Congratulations Nudge and the little bloke, he sure is a proud champ!

And to you Warnie you're not only one of our best deep sea fishos, you're a real gentleman as well and I'd like to be able to give you a handshake some time over the holidays at Christmas, when Shirl and I and our grandson LIttle Jewgaffer, aged 10, stop off to fish South West Rocks for a day or so on our way through to Ballina.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Well done... I still remember my first fishing trip.. I caught a blowup fish on a two foot stick and a piece of line I found on the rock when everyone else was swimming... have never looked back and I'm glad I haven't I have met a fair few nice people fishing and had some great times with both my dad and brother over the years...

Can't wait to take my son out maybe this summer, he is already a pro on the boat can't take him off it when I'm working on it..