What Are The Fishraider Members Doing This Weekend?

johnno

What are all the fishraider members getting up to this weekend?

the 22nd,23rd September 2007

Spring is here :thumbup:

yeah baby

might have a lazy weekend this weekend

What ever you end up doing, BE SAFE.

And take care on the waterways.

Edited by johnno

Might be able to squeeze a session in on saturday morning but it looks the weekend will be a write off... :thumbdown:

Mark my words Mark and RockHoppin this weekend in shocking weather could be "a right on" and it's still meant to be spring I think.

Burraneer Bay will be reasonaby out of the wind with only swirling cool breezes up in Burraneer Bay if it's blowy in Port Hacking.

There is 60 feet of water in Burraneer Bay 150 metres from Water St Boat Ramp and the more she blows up on the weekend the better. Take your biggest ever supply of burley and burley a bottom bomb constantly just off the bottom from the end of the run out and right over the top of the tide. Do not burley the surface you don't want any bait fish around.

You'll get table size snapper action there half way up the tide to near the top and when they leave, stay on but don't move. If there are Port Hacking jew coming in, they'll soon know where to find your squid and yakka baits.

And RockHoppin I don't whether you're land based or what but if you can get in near the Marina and fish of the back of it you're on the money right there.

That's the best advice I can offer in a big southerly blow up, but I would add:- As it starts to blows hard at night the quicker you get there the better even in a rain coat if need be.

And Mark if you wait it out you've only got to better the 16 kilo mark.

Hope this helps your fishing in southerly blow ups.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Mark my words Mark and RockHoppin this weekend in shocking weather could be "a right on" and it's still meant to be spring I think.

Burraneer Bay will be reasonaby out of the wind with only swirling cool breezes up in Burraneer Bay if it's blowy in Port Hacking.

There is 60 feet of water in Burraneer Bay 150 metres from Water St Boat Ramp and the more she blows up on the weekend the better. Take your biggest ever supply of burley and burley a bottom bomb constantly just off the bottom from the end of the run out and right over the top of the tide. Do not burley the surface you don't want any bait fish around.

You'll get table size snapper action there half way up the tide to near the top and when they leave, stay on but don't move. If there are Port Hacking jew coming in, they'll soon know where to find your squid and yakka baits.

And RockHoppin I don't whether you're land based or what but if you can get in near the Marina and fish of the back of it you're on the money right there.

That's the best advice I can offer in a big southerly blow up, but I would add:- As it starts to blows hard at night the quicker you get there the better even in a rain coat if need be.

And Mark if you wait it out you've only got to better the 16 kilo mark.

Hope this helps your fishing in southerly blow ups.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Thanks mate, theres a few LB spots I know off that are protected in big southerlys which have produced some good results before so I may give them a go..

Cheers

RH

Hopefully my young bloke will decide that he doesnt want to celebrate his seventeenth birthday with his mum and dad and then I can get out for a friday night session. :1prop:

Dave

Edit: Just kidding. I know he doesnt want to be here so I will be out on the water.

Edited by davemmm

post-2215-1190300131_thumb.png

Well its a little bit better now....

Yeah the damn weather can't make up its mind at the moment!!!!! Maybe head for a surf on saturday and wet a line on sunday!!!!!! next week looks good shame i dont have my usual boating partner in crime to get a couple of mid week sessions in..... damn him and his going to weipa for 2 weeks, how inconsiderate!!!!

Ill be fishing tomorrow rain hail or shine, head out with Dan (D&G) for a squid session and hopefully find at least a fish each for dinner.

Heading out around 330am tomorrow morning from Tunks, if anyones out there dont be shy to say gday!! Might even flick you hot sausage sambo if your lucky!!

Cheers

Dan

GO MANLY!!