Bate Bay Mon 24/9/o7

BUSTER 1

Decided to try the flathead in Bate Bay,left the ramp at 6.30am conditions looked good until we got to the mouth of the port .it was blowing a pretty hard from the northwest anyway we got out to the 35meters out from Osbourne Shoals but the wind made the drift to quick and we could not keep the baits on the bottom so moved in closer to the beach inside Mary’s reef caught a few small flattys ,after about an hour the wind started to ease so we went back out to the 35meters and put out the sea anchor witch slowed the drift we caught fish straight away but they were small or just legal but as got further out the 40 to 50 meters the got bigger from 34 to 50 cm then we struck the leather jackets lost 4 rigs before we landed any ,we changed position and got back to the flathead we kept 20 and threw back at least the same number also 3 monster leatherjackets

So it turned out to be a good morning

:1fishing1::1fishing1::1fishing1::1fishing1::1fishing1::1fishing1:post-571-1190669273_thumb.jpgpost-571-1190669287_thumb.jpg

... so moved in closer to the beach inside Mary’s reef caught a few small flattys ...

Nice catch Buster 1. Good to see that the jackets didn't do much damage. Congratulations.

Where is Mary's reef? I've never heard of it? Is it part of Merries?

If I manage to get out to Bate Bay next week, I hope I have as much success as you.

Cheers

Peter

Edited by peterS