Polaroid Sunnies

Jimmy C

Hey all

Thinking about getting a pair of polaroid sunglasses for flats fishing this summer.

Wondering if any raiders have a strong opinion either way on how much difference they make to your visibility for that kind of fishing, as compared with standard decent sunnies that don't have polaroid lenses.

Any experience shared would be helpful

Cheers,

Jimmy

polarised sunnies are the first thing i grab after my rod and reel i love em not just to see the fish but too see deeper into the water to see structures an drop offs etc there great. i had a $50 pair then used my mates spotters now i got a $120 pair heaps better...

What does everyone think is the best brand is?

Any pair of polaroid glasses will do the job and to test them to see if they are polarised,go out into the sun and look at a cars window and it will be all mottled. Polarised glasses do the job for me and you should always wear them if in the sun to protect your eyes.

I have a prescription pair now with bi focals at the bottom to aid in my knot tying :1yikes:

Cheers Stewy

The other way to test if a pair of sunnies are polarised is to look through two lenses at the same time. There should be no light coming through.

There is a whole fly-fishing fraternity devoted to "Polaroiding". Like said previously, after a rod, reel and basic tackle; polarised sunnies are the go. I use a pair I bought at the local Cancer Council Shop. They have a lot more eye coverage than my everyday sunnies (and they cost $35 so I can afford to lose them).

Richie.

EDIT: I R speeling jeanius

Edited by Richie

Any good suggestion for any good brand that produces prescripted polarised sunnies? And also prefrerably though, any shop to recommend in the city?

thanx

Just go to your optometrist and they will fix you up with a great pair of specs

Just a heads up with testing wether or not the lenses are polarized you do have to look through two lenses at once but you have to have them at right angles. This is because the polarizing by definition lets light in verticaly but not horizontaly therefore looking at them both the same way will only make them darker where as looking through the lenses t right angles should prevent anything being seen at all!!!!

spotters spotters and spotters, can range in price from $100 to 350 depending on whether you choose glass or polycarbonate lenses and frame style. Dont be put off by the price, look after them and they will last forever. Best thing since sliced bread :1fishing1: cheers troutboy

Some time ago I got a pair from Wotto's that have been great. They are light and have lasted well so far no scratches on the lenses. I think the brand is Ugly Fish. I bought them on one of the bbq nights so I got a good deal as well.

Cheers

Kingpig

i use shimano tigersharks,got them on fleabay and ive also got some from cancer council shop,

Try one of the sponsors they should be able to fix you up with some. Even if there cheapies they are better

then none thats for sure.

craig