Brisbane Water Flatties

shan777

Went out with my good mate Mike McCarthy on Sunday morning.

Drifted around the Woy Woy area throwing plastics on sand banks and up against mangroves.

Started out with nearly beating my PB of 63cm with a nice 61cm flattie.

post-5515-1194349822_thumb.jpg

After that, the day just got better. Got onto 9 or so between us,kept 6.

I finished off the day with smashing my PB and landing this big girl at 80cm. Took a few happy snaps, and back she goes to keep breeding.

post-5515-1194349599_thumb.jpg

post-5515-1194349951_thumb.jpg

post-5515-1194350042_thumb.jpg

All were taken on 3"power minnow in watermelon with 1/8oz jig, 6lb fireline with 8lb leader.

PS- check out www.mikemccarthy.com.au for some great australian folk. He has 3 albums for sale (PS- i'm his drummer!)

G'day Shannon, good to see you getting a few, Hutcho and I caught a few nice bream last weekend and a good flattie as well. Might see ya out there this weekend . Good report and good lizard pics.. Cheers...

Hi Shan777,

Well done!

Congratulations on the PB. Nice flattie.

Well done too on deciding to let the old girl go to breed further. :thumbup:

If we all do that more there will be good flathead fishing for many years to come.

To be enjoyed not only by us, but for future generations of fishos.

Regards,

Bob

Edited by kenmare

Excellent report Shan

Great session and good results - you'll never get criticised here at Fishraider for releasing a big flattie!

I fish BW a bit and am really glad to see the flatties already starting to fire. Looks like a great summer ahead . . . .

Now that is a flattie!! Amazing how big the head gets in relation to the rest of the body, eh?? I caught one about that size in my yak once, & it's head was too big to fit in the net! I was wondering where to put it .... but wasn't keen on getting out of the yak in the middle of one of the leases, so was pleased when it shook it's head & got off!! :1prop: Self released, I called it!

Well done on putting her back

Cheers

ROberta

Thanks for all your congrats!!!!! I had no 2nd thoughts putting her back, as you guys said, she's just too valuable to the system.

It was quite amazing how big her head was. It was as big as my foot- i'm a size 12!!!!

I should of taken a picture but when we netted her, the net came off second best and broke!!!!

From the recent reports, i think we definatly are in for a good summer.

Good fishing everyone!