Bream Or Snapper!

ishhifay

Hi Raiders,

I have been a longtime raider but this is my first post. I need your help! Can anyone tell me if this big guy is bream or snapper. The reason i think its a red cause of its size but it looks like a bream. It was caught where snapper is often sort and bram is probally 90% of our catch everytime we fish there. It weighs 3 kilo approx. I am determined to prove its a bream! I would like to prove my buddies wrong. Hoping all replie post's come back as bream than snapper !!

Please note that the fish is compared with the omo bucket. It was a big fish 53 cm.

post-5587-1197941627_thumb.jpg

I don't think they get much bigger than that in Australia

Cheers

Tony

The FCA record last Time I looked was 4.1 KG and we have one hanging up in the club (AFA of NSW) that went 6 pound 13 ounces from the Georges River in the early 19 hundreds.

Ken

Well done,that is one monster bream :1yikes:

Any info on where it was caught(just in general dosnt have to be exact spot),and what it was caught on,lure or bait.

And :1welcomeani: to the site.

Stephen

:1fishing1:

Hi, caught on bait "live nippers". The Entrance. Warm water area. Thanks for the kind words.

The FCA record last Time I looked was 4.1 KG and we have one hanging up in the club (AFA of NSW) that went 6 pound 13 ounces from the Georges River in the early 19 hundreds.

Ken

Sorry Ken I will rephrase for your benefit-

You certainly don't see bream that size very often in this country.

Early 1900s aside :1worthy:

Cheers

Tony

truly massive! well done! how old do you reckon a fish like that would be?

my mate caught one at 52 cm and it was estimated at 25-30 years old.....

no joke at the entrance??????? that is a serious bream ... i live up here and i have seen nothing like that in the system ... warm water hmmmmmm

wd mate

ian

Top bream there.

I have fished the hawksburry all my life targeting big bream. I have landed 3 fish over the 50cm mark. the bigest going 53 as well. Daunting sight when a massive bream comes up out of the water and your not expecting it at all.

mate thats a very rare thing to land one that size. so congratulations and go back to the same spot. If there is a big one there there are others. Big Bream hang around othere big bream and tend to be "Resident" fish.

Well done!

truly massive! well done! how old do you reckon a fish like that would be?

Hi, would probally guess over 20 years old.

my mate caught one at 52 cm and it was estimated at 25-30 years old.....

no joke at the entrance??????? that is a serious bream ... i live up here and i have seen nothing like that in the system ... warm water hmmmmmm

wd mate

ian

Thanks.

Top bream there.

I have fished the hawksburry all my life targeting big bream. I have landed 3 fish over the 50cm mark. the bigest going 53 as well. Daunting sight when a massive bream comes up out of the water and your not expecting it at all.

mate thats a very rare thing to land one that size. so congratulations and go back to the same spot. If there is a big one there there are others. Big Bream hang around othere big bream and tend to be "Resident" fish.

Well done!

Mate you are right. I was a little bit scared when landed. Its mouth was wide open and it looked amazing.

Thanks for the kind words. I never intended to catch a huge fish just a feed for my family "we love eating bream". You can probally call it a JAG :biggrin2: or mabe at the right place and right time. Good luck Targeting the big one. Hope this fish has pumped you up for your next fishing trip!!

Albino Snapper anyone ?

:074::074:

That is one of the best bream I've seen in years

Massive and congrats

For interest and the other posts, ie 4.1 K etc as the record, I remember the Swansea Hotel at Lake Mac. 25 years ago

They had a stuffed bream on display that was big enough to chew your arm off.

Can't quite remember the weight but definately bigger than 4.1

Does anybody remember.

Would appreciate posts from anybody who can remember.

If not post query and I will research the matter further and track down where Mr dead fish went and how much it weighed.

Trapper Tom