Hawkesbury 29/1/08 A Good Day On The Jew!

jewgaffer

Hi Everyone

Alex (Frangkie) arrived at my place at Campblelltown at daybreak yesterday morning coming up from Maroubra and very keen to have his first Hawkesbury session and try and catch his first jew. Will add full report of the session when Alex posts pics .

It was a good day and a nice way to introduce my new addition, a Savage side console, a QLD boat to Hawkesbury jew.

Here's a pic of one of my jewfish. It was a fat and healthy jew which weighed a little over 30lbs and taken on my mobile phone and that's my grandson Little Jewgaffer, aged 10 standing next to me.

EDIT managed to resize this moble phone pic post-829-1201660850_thumb.jpgCheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Well done there byron,

Congrats on getting amoungst the jews mate and en even bigger congrats to little jewgaffer, He has a very fine teacher there in yourself and its scary to imagine how much knowledge he already has. And an even bigger congratulations on the new addition to the family! The savage! Never got back to you about the mustang and i hope you did well selling it. Ended up repowering the old stessl and cant wait to get her back on the water. Aloy boats rule when your solo mate. Will definatly have to get out there and chase jews with you very soon mate.

here is some more photos of daylight jew:

thanks Gaffers for a enjoyable and insightfull days fishing, and my first hawksbury jew.

hopefully plenty more to come in the next few months before moving back to queensland.

perseverence is the key!!!

post-5268-1201682552_thumb.jpg

post-5268-1201682583_thumb.jpg

post-5268-1201682647_thumb.jpg

post-5268-1201682690_thumb.jpg

post-5268-1201682724_thumb.jpg

Edited by frangkie

little jewgaffer?

if you wernt wearing those 2 inch thick crocks hed be calling you little jewgaffer!!!

Luke I don't believe it Little Jewgafffer is close to my six foot already take away the crocs and it's still a couple a couple of months before he turns eleven. :lol:

Cheers

jewgaffer :D

Very nice Jewgaffer

Well done to all on the day. Good way to blood the new boat.

I knew it was just a matter of time.

That is a very fat fish.

I have had a fantastic weeks fishing hence this late reply.

Did you get a length weight etc. Why I asked is because there is a bloke at Sydney Uni doing research on Mulloway and is looking for info on them. He doesn't want to know the "spot" where you caught it or the bait you used. They also want the head guts and gonads if you have them.

Good pictures too.

cheers

inhlanzi

Hey Jewgaffer,

Excellent result.

The young fella is lucky to be your apprentice.

Learning from the best - how lucky.

Couple of question though JG

Do you fillet or cutlet a fish of that size?

Also having eaten a lot of jewies what is your favourite way to cook em?

I usually just fillet, but i am yet to really come up with a fav way to eat.

I have deep fried tempura chunks of jew and that was good or i just pan fry up strips.

Some advice would be great.

Cheers.

......Did you get a length weight etc. Why I asked is because there is a bloke at Sydney Uni doing research on Mulloway and is looking for info on them. He doesn't want to know the "spot" where you caught it or the bait you used. They also want the head guts and gonads if you have them.

Good pictures too.

cheers

inhlanzi

Hi Mike The fish was 12.7 gutted and a fillet taken for Alex (frankie) who got a small fillet and has enough nuggetts for two. I think I may have gonads somewhere though spinal surgery can be a bit delicate on the memory at times.

Cheers mate :D

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

PS don't tell him the spot he might castrate all of them but between me and you only the spot was wobby you'll recognise "the tanks" in the background, I can't remember if you and I called in there tho.