Sydney And Middle Harbour Sunday 17-02-2008

gretsch

Gidday Raiders,

Hit the water yesterday after the previous few weeks had been washed out. My Brother in law (Baz), his five year old son Max and myself hooked up with fellow boat Kingfisher skippered by the Small Lizard with his trusty companion, Skip. They keep threatening to become members but never get around to it! :biggrin2:

We did the usual drill.. we picked up 7 Squid (6 decent calamari and one XOS Arrow) and went off to join the 598 other boats at the various haunts. :(

Chowder bay produced nothing except a bust off due to my brother in law's inability to tie a simple blood knot. :1badmood:

Shark Island was equally disappointing with only one fish landed and several bust offs so we motored back to Middle Harbour to try the moorings. BTW - if the knob who was downrigging through the boats is reading this, please be aware that you pissed many fishos off on Sunday. You were lucky not to pick up an anchor rope with your bomb. :mad3:

Back in Middle Harbour, we had some success. We boated a 68 and 81 and lost a couple more. The 81 was a fat fish. I have never seen one so deep and well conditioned. It had a 25cm Whiting in its gut!!! Might try a live Whiting or two next time. :thumbup:

Kingfisher went home fishless although, they did get greased a couple of times. :( Great day was had by all. We caught up with Hookm and Dano1 back at the ramp. It was good to finally meet and put faces to the names. :biggrin2:

No rods lost this week. :thumbup:

Edited by Ceph

We did have one incident which was saved by the home made lanyards.... :wacko:

We had a massive hit on a squid head and the whole side rail of the boat went in the drink. The reel leg was attached to the stern light pole (yeah... great idea) and saved the day.

Whoever decided it was a good idea to use rivets when fixing boat components to the hull should be fed out under a balloon off a beach in South Australia with a 50/0 hook through his nose....

Anyway, I am off to my local boat shop to purchase some stainless steel rails and bolts. :thumbup:

Edited by Ceph

.......Whoever decided it was a good idea to use rivets when fixing boat components to the hull should be fed out under a balloon off a beach in South Australia with a 50/0 hook through his nose....

:Funny-Post:

Ceph Nice kingfsh. He would have put a bit of a fight by the look of him

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Well done Ceph on some nice fish. Did you get a weight on that 81cm King, i've got some mates who've caught some fat ones that were 85cm weighing 9.5kg and 90cm/12.5kg.

Cheers

Josh

He was no where near that. About 4.5kg. I think your mates may be getting pounds and kgs mixed up or, have had too many beers before weighing the seriolas. :tease:

Well done Ceph on some nice fish. Did you get a weight on that 81cm King, i've got some mates who've caught some fat ones that were 85cm weighing 9.5kg and 90cm/12.5kg.

Cheers

Josh

That's crazy. (sure your mates hadn't smoked a few fat ones? :1prop: ) We were out Sunday arvo in the harbour and had a great session (sorry been to busy for a full post). We had a double hook-up at one stage and got both to the boat, interestingly the 68cm we hooked was 500gms heavier than the 71cm model. It went a lot harder as well.

Cheers

Duke