Big Lb King

OnAking

Went down to my new land based spot X down south for a quick Kingie fish in the rain and being part disabled ATM due to my right arm being in a cast i was in for a fun day lol ...

I have caught a few kings recently ranging to 80cm (All with one hand in a cast) so i was expecting something this trip.

Caught a few yakkas and drifted them out, within minutes the first rod went off and a few secs later a little sambo. Whilst dehooking the fish my other rod screams.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ the drag was singing and i knew i was in for a ride on 10lb gear ... this wasnt a lil king. I was convinced i was going to loose it so i told my brother to film the fight, first run was over 80m. After roughly 150m of line i finally begin to turn this beast, i had to use all my experience i9n fighting a king to have a chance to land this one...after 25mins i brought the king to the wharf and realised it wont fit in the net as i had relied on a friend to bring his gaff cause mine was at home...... Lucky for me the fish was spent and i was able to wash it up on the step :)

Hi fives all round and i took a few photos then straight back into em...

the fish was 1m long and 12kg in weight..

can't wait to land a 15kg LB king

P.S dont crowd the popular spots as there are more kings elswhere just look for structure and u have more of a chance landing Big Kings where no one fishes

post-6985-1204246986_thumb.jpg

post-6985-1204247029_thumb.jpg

post-6985-1204247122_thumb.jpg

Edited by OnAking

Came back in for a second look... nice photo editing. Hopefully you won't end up with quite so many people there next time. Even though you said you caught it a while ago, hope springs eternal and there's not limitless room for you at spot X.

Still can't get over that fish... here are the rest of us with thousands of dollars worth of boats and downriggers and stuff all getting in raptures over 80cm fish and you put us all to shame... and on 10lb with all sorts of nasty stuff for the big beastie to tie you up in.

Truly memorable catch!!

Cheers again, Slinky

PS. How do you edit one of your own posts after putting it up? I did the same thing with photos of some fish we caught a couple of weeks ago and wished I'd been a little more secretive but didn't know how to amend them.

Cheers again, Slinky

PS. How do you edit one of your own posts after putting it up? I did the same thing with photos of some fish we caught a couple of weeks ago and wished I'd been a little more secretive but didn't know how to amend them.

Sucker Slinky hehehehe

Well done on the King mate!

Edited by stumpy