Sydney Breams

GregL

Done a few nice sessions out on the Parra over the last few days.

Again they were sitting under anything that casts a bit of a shadow.

We fished the boats in Lane Cove and the Parra for fast 5 bags.

post-3563-1207029844_thumb.jpg

Monday I went out solo as Patty got dogged at work again....

Went out hunting monsters.......

Not as many fish but I found some!

This is a 42cm for or 45.2 total.

Weird thing is I could feel I was about to hook a good fish, I stopped and retied a new leader, 2 casts and I'm on!

3lb braid, 4lb leader.....

post-3563-1207030430_thumb.jpg

Yeah Greg the by-catch or should I say by-hook is amazing.

I hooked a 80+cm king in Lane Cove on Sunday arvo! Two of em came screaming out from under a wharf. Amazing to see them that big that far up river. Chasing all that bait that's up there I suspect.

Saw heaps of frigates I suspect zipping around the tailor schools to.

Gulp's rigged on 1/12th jigheads and Ecogear VX40's hopped along the bottom under boats in deep water (20-35ft) did the trick. Just watch the slack line for any taps and strike at everything or any bit of weight on the line. The bites were very soft with plenty of fish just holding onto the tails.

3-4lb long leaders definately increased the bites but of coarse you do lose alot more of the bigger ones.

The surface fishing has now slowed down. No more days of the cicardas screaming and bream sluping them off the top as they fall into the water from the crows chasing them out of the trees :(

The Pink grub is still getting a few fish but usually on the drop but where's the real fun in that?

Back to plastics and vibs fished deep to hook the bigger fish....

Cheers

Greg

Yeah Greg the by-catch or should I say by-hook is amazing.

I hooked a 80+cm king in Lane Cove on Sunday arvo! Two of em came screaming out from under a wharf. Amazing to see them that big that far up river. Chasing all that bait that's up there I suspect.

Saw heaps of frigates I suspect zipping around the tailor schools to.

Gulp's rigged on 1/12th jigheads and Ecogear VX40's hopped along the bottom under boats in deep water (20-35ft) did the trick. Just watch the slack line for any taps and strike at everything or any bit of weight on the line. The bites were very soft with plenty of fish just holding onto the tails.

3-4lb long leaders definately increased the bites but of coarse you do lose alot more of the bigger ones.

The surface fishing has now slowed down. No more days of the cicardas screaming and bream sluping them off the top as they fall into the water from the crows chasing them out of the trees :(

The Pink grub is still getting a few fish but usually on the drop but where's the real fun in that?

Back to plastics and vibs fished deep to hook the bigger fish....

Cheers

Greg

It is always a pleasure to fish with u Greg, word of advice though, can u pleeeeeaaaaaassssseeeeee stop outfishing me every time we go out, I think you may have stolen my mojo, not that youve lost yours, if I dont catch a biggen soon Im going to leave the bung out :1prop: cheers Justin.

Dont let him fish Justin :1prop: just make sure he puts you in the prime spots with the leccy :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

He does Stewy, the problem is my casting accuracy needs a bit of work, this is how it usually goes, spot a good spot, open bail arm, fire in a cast trying to skip plastic under marina, skips beautifully straight over marina arm and then gets stuck on some inconsiderate boaties berthing rope, fair dinkum why would you park your boat right where I need to cast, back to practising in the backyard :1prop:

Wow monster Bream there Greg well done on finding such a horse :thumbup:

lovely looking fish as well to boot

sexy lips :074::074:

cheers

Kael

p.s i have been giving the vibs a go lately and getting lots of hit but very few hook ups :thumbdown:

do you keep a tight line on the drop or give them some slack?

Wow monster Bream there Greg well done on finding such a horse :thumbup:

lovely looking fish as well to boot

sexy lips :074::074:

cheers

Kael

p.s i have been giving the vibs a go lately and getting lots of hit but very few hook ups :thumbdown:

do you keep a tight line on the drop or give them some slack?

Hi BM

Yeah I do have a bit of a bow in the line in between hops. I use this like a strike indicator.

Maybe try a spray of scent on them to ;)

Good luck!

Icey, I know what your sayin but hell, when the Parra fires up like it has of late I can do without the 25min bash over to middle harbour and the $50 extra on the fuel bill.

I'd rather put the money towards my prawns and lobsters for lunch down at the fish markets :thumbup:

Greg

Icey, I know what your sayin but hell, when the Parra fires up like it has of late I can do without the 25min bash over to middle harbour and the $50 extra on the fuel bill.

I'd rather put the money towards my prawns and lobsters for lunch down at the fish markets :thumbup:

Greg

But you drive so conservatively Greg, always looking at the fuel flow meter :biggrin2:

Top bag greg myself and dimi went out wed and hit the lane cove aswell .

Hooked a small taylor and then watched an 80+ cm kingie hit the taylor and the reel screaming for a few seconds before the kingie let go, even the taylor survived.

But the parra is going off at the moment thats for sure. :1fishing1:

• 3 months later...