Georges River Blackfishing

Gdayyyyyyyyyy all,

Slipped down the river today with good mate outdoordan for a shot at the blackies and we weren't dissapointed :yahoo:

We arrived at 7 am for the last of the run out tide and the first few hours of the run in tide.

With predictions of strong winds we didnt feel confident but as would have it another good mate Smitty found a nice patch of green weed which looked sensational and dropped me off some on friday arvo.

First throw was a "DOWN" in blackfish terms when the float goes under from a bite from MR LUDERICK .

The bite continued un-abated for over 4 fabulous hours with not a hint of wind.

We bagged out easily and got busted off on a number of occassions and even straightened a few hooks :074: The heavy braid and 6lb leader was great fun and the small alveys did their job perfectly.

One of the best sessions I have been involved in and hardly any undersize fish at all which augers well for a good blackfish season in the river and we never moved from the one rock we chose to fish off :yahoo:

Great day out Dan and I know by the look on your face as we walked out that you were as happy as I was.

We kept 16 for the table and 3 for large jew baits and the rest were released unharmed.

In total we landed well over 50 prime blackfish in 4 hours (UNREAL)

Here are some snaps of the great days fishing.

post-256-1209266480_thumb.jpg

post-256-1209266495_thumb.jpg

post-256-1209266508_thumb.jpg

post-256-1209266521_thumb.jpg

post-256-1209266534_thumb.jpg

post-256-1209266548_thumb.jpg

post-256-1209266562_thumb.jpg

post-256-1209266578_thumb.jpg

post-256-1209266594_thumb.jpg

post-256-1209266608_thumb.jpg

post-256-1209266622_thumb.jpg

Cheers Stewy

Mate, What a top session :thumbup:

I've never experienced such a ravenous luderick bite, hopefully it won't be the last time either. What top fun!

With Jewy baits in the freezer and gear cleaned, theres only one thing left to do... Have a few :beersmile: and brag on fishraider :1prop:

Thanks again Stewy for a great morning. It was one of those sessions when you feel truly blessed to sample fishin this good :yahoo: And its great to be able to share it with a good mate :1fishing1:

Hey, and a huge thanks to Smitty for gettin that weed, it was absloutly first class :thumbup:

:1yikes: Them fillets look alright, ay!

Dan

Great haul fellas, with some real 'plump' fish amongst them! :thumbup::thumbup:

Blackies for jewfish bait? :1yikes: Learn something every day :biggrin2:

Congrats!

Hodgey

Yes Hodgey the old blackies are one of the main quarries of the Jewfish and we have had a few big runs on whole fish as well with really big hooks in the head and fillet.

We will be targeting big jews from the beach in the next few months and all fresh bait gets a swim :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

Hey Stewy,

Looks like you and Dan had a top morning!

I'm pleased the weed worked well, I found some more today at another spot. I'll have to get down the river soon and get a couple of fish myself.

Cheers,

Chris...

What an effort.

Brings back memories.

I lived on the Georges River for 20 years.

I used to collect weed in my tinnie up near Picnic Point every Friday morning , then run it down to Tom Uglys bait shop before heading off to school.

Promise not to give away the spot.

What depth?

Edited by Mariner 31

What an effort.

Brings back memories.

I lived on the Georges River for 20 years.

I used to collect weed in my tinnie up near Picnic Point every Friday morning , then run it down to Tom Uglys bait shop before heading off to school.

Promise not to give away the spot.

What depth?

We were only fishing 5 feet deep Carl :biggrin2:

.... Georges River Blackfishing, The Blackfish are on !!!!!!!....... NOT UP HERE!!!!

Well done Stewy & Dan!! What a top session! Don't forget to smoke some - they are really yummy!! :)

Went out in the yak today & there was so much fresh in the water, the yak seemed a bit 'unstable'!! WOuld that be right??

Roberta

.... Georges River Blackfishing, The Blackfish are on !!!!!!!....... NOT UP HERE!!!!

Well done Stewy & Dan!! What a top session! Don't forget to smoke some - they are really yummy!! :)

Went out in the yak today & there was so much fresh in the water, the yak seemed a bit 'unstable'!! WOuld that be right??

Roberta

Come down to Sydney Roberta and we will show you a good time on the Luderick as there must be millions in the river atm :yahoo:

Cheers Stewy

Well done boys.

If you look closely in the 6th and 7th picture, you can see the first two pontoons where we fish all the time. It's good to have friends in nice places who like to fish. Last October we got an 8kg jewfish there and when cleaned he had a few blackfish heads inside!!

When the blackfish are running we have sometimes pulled 100 in a days fishing there fishing three feet off those pontoons. We have it down to a fine art, whippy 7 foot rods, floats that only need one bean of lead, 6 pound straight through, and those deadly sqaure shaped hooks. Prefer to use spinning reels but that's only cause I suck at using the centre pins.

Seems that the better ones come around dusk, do you find that too?

Aaaaagh! You are making me jealous!!! Welcome to Fishraider Seacow! Good to see another blackie fisher joining the ranks!! :) :)

Dan - let me know your dates ... will be away on the odd occasion - look forward to catching up again! :)

Roberta

Went down again this morning and scored another dozen and would have got more except for that bloody wind :ranting2:

They are still there :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

nice catch.

Thats alot of fillet strips there. I thought the fish in geogres river was poisonous? high levels of dioxins. I wouldnt be eating that if i was you.

Yep a lot of fillets and it took some time to prepare them for the family :1yikes: The Georges has not been labelled toxic as far as I am aware that far up the river and they will taste yummy just like the previous thousands we have eaten over 40 years :thumbup:

Thanks for your concerns though.

Cheers Stewy

thats awesome Stewy and Dan,

well done on a couple of great luderick sessions...

its got my blood boiling as i have now migrated from targeting kings mainly back to the ol blackfish and jews :biggrin2: ... lets hope its a good sign they will be thick as ever this winter....

how good is the raider spirit to have weed delivered eh... especially when its scarce atm..... big :thumbup: for chris....

cheers...steve.....

Edited by roosterman