Bottom Fish On Browns

I decided not to go back out with the boys on the boat on Sunday had to stay at home with the :wife: and entertain some friends, but they went out and did some drops on browns before trying for some YFT.

Here is what they got.

post-2728-1214809435_thumb.jpg

They also got some YFT and Blue eye and some others also, but not as big as on Saturday.

cheers

Craig

That is a Pink Ling (Genypterus blacodes) or Kingklip

One of the best eating fish in the sea.

It is uncommon for fishmongers to show the fish whole ( always sold as fillets or cutlets ) as you would probably never eat it if you saw how ugly it looks.

Hope you enjoyed the feed!

cheers

inhlanzi

It is uncommon for fishmongers to show the fish whole ( always sold as fillets or cutlets ) as you would probably never eat it if you saw how ugly it looks.

Aye, the man speaks the truth :thumbup:

Ling would have to be one of the most flavoursome fish you can get your hands on. Local Ling at least. Often the fish you buy at the markets is imported from New Zealand which is still good but no where near as nice as local. You really can tatse the difference.

If I find local ling it is always the first fish I buy !!

Nice Work !!!!

Edited by dandas

That is a Pink Ling (Genypterus blacodes) or Kingklip

One of the best eating fish in the sea.

cheers

inhlanzi

I second that, they arnt very pretty with all that white slime covering them, but very very good eating!