Middle Harbour Kings

netic

for the dummies hehe

well done oz on the kings mate

that is unreal. Are the co ordinates accurate?

all i need is a boat now. what type is best . want to fish the harbour and browns and be cheap to run. any suggestions?

saw some boats at the show. are contender a good boat?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that is unreal. Are the co ordinates accurate?

all i need is a boat now. what type is best . want to fish the harbour and browns and be cheap to run. any suggestions?

saw some boats at the show. are contender a good boat?

Try getting a boat license first, then think about a boat :1boat:

"Awesome, got the coordinates... now all I need is a GPS... oh yeah... and a boat... and some petrol... cant forget the fishing gear - might need that.... and maybe some bait or lures... and... and..."

Thats a great day out netic! I always enjoy your posts as you are so informative and generous with your info... Thanks heaps and hope you can get out a bit more soon!!

Also, i dunno about giving out those coordinates (if they are accurate!!) it kind of ruins it for the guys that have put in a big effort sounding around trying to find it!!

This also could be th ole decoy post to get everyone

into middle harbour..

when all the fish might have been caught in the main harbour :1prop:

the pic has clontarf in the background and theyre heading back in from main

harbour :biggrin2:

so i reckin you all should hit the main harbour and NOT

middle harbour!! :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

This also could be th ole decoy post to get everyone

into middle harbour..

when all the fish might have been caught in the main harbour :1prop:

the pic has clontarf in the background and theyre heading back in from main

harbour :biggrin2:

so i reckin you all should hit the main harbour and NOT

middle harbour!! :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

i am even more confused now.

main harbour is bigger so chances to find the kings are harder?

i have been reading all the old posts and i think i can gather that everyone refers to spot X being shark island. is that really spot x?

does that spot still produce? i can hire a boat at rose bay...

will anyone be fishing this weekend and is happy for me to follow?

i will keep a fair distance?

i am even more confused now.

main harbour is bigger so chances to find the kings are harder?

i have been reading all the old posts and i think i can gather that everyone refers to spot X being shark island. is that really spot x?

does that spot still produce? i can hire a boat at rose bay...

will anyone be fishing this weekend and is happy for me to follow?

i will keep a fair distance?

i heard shark island had many kingies 2 seasons ago.

last year i was with my friend and i saw 100 boats there downrigging.

i think they are wiped out.

for some reason it is still called spot X.

I think we should find the good spot at sailors bay for next summer.

The co-ordinates john has put up and are not the marks i used, those marks arent even in the correct Datum..WGS84 only has 2 digit in the second set of digits...I have no idea what they are....

The photos were taken in front on Clontarf...But anyone who fishes with me knows after we fish we always end up at Clifton Gardens for a Bagette and Coffee...every trip without fail....its a tradition.....

MOst people know i dont hide my catch locations as i post videos in many reports with the backgrounds clearly visable...this time the video footage wasnt taken....but i promise i will next time and the cluey people can figure out the exact location in the bay

just to sturr you boys up a bit

there are 605 wreaks in and around sydney harbor :1yikes:

so get off you bums and find them it took me 3 hours on the net

no i wont tell you the sites :biggrin2:

but that.s 605 and every one thinks this one is special :074::074::074:

gary

last year i was with my friend and i saw 100 boats there downrigging.

i think they are wiped out.

No offense mate but it is that total lack of understanding of the species that will keep you from getting onto them like Oz does.

Do some research and spend some time on the water and it will all come together. I don't think people like Oz and Hookem and Dan and Greg were given these spots when they picked up thier boats from the dealer. They worked for them! :wacko:

As I have said many times, fishing for kings is like hunting you need to actively seek them out to get results :biggrin2:

Edited by Robbielites

Any research about kingies will reveal that they are always on the move... They are not just gonna be in 1 spot, and if they were in sailors bay 3 days ago who knows where they are going to be now or by the week end. There are hundreds of spots in the harbour that are gonna hold fish at any one time, sailors bay being just 1 of many... and in relation to the shark island comment - do you really think there is only 1 school of kings in the harbour??? they werent fished out they just moved on, and they may be back there this wk end too, who knows! Also, netic is always very honest and generous about his spots and i think its because he knows that the fish could be any where and he understands how to find them in numerous spots...

I dont understand why this thread has opened such a massive can of worms?!? Just enjoy the pics guys and the info netic has happily given!

Woo 500 posts!!

LOL do you even know what a contender is???

just to sturr you boys up a bit

there are 605 wreaks in and around sydney harbor :1yikes:

so get off you bums and find them it took me 3 hours on the net

no i wont tell you the sites :biggrin2:

but that.s 605 and every one thinks this one is special :074::074::074:

gary

3 hours on the net and you still could not find the wreck..........Interesting.

The co-ordinates john has put up and are not the marks i used, those marks arent even in the correct Datum..WGS84 only has 2 digit in the second set of digits...I have no idea what they are....

The photos were taken in front on Clontarf...But anyone who fishes with me knows after we fish we always end up at Clifton Gardens for a Bagette and Coffee...every trip without fail....its a tradition.....

MOst people know i dont hide my catch locations as i post videos in many reports with the backgrounds clearly visable...this time the video footage wasnt taken....but i promise i will next time and the cluey people can figure out the exact location in the bay

thanks oz

please post some vidoes so clueless people like me will learn

catching a kingy will be a dream come true!

i have been with charters on the harbour and it was boring compared to your trip!

y dont you start a charter business i would come with you every weekend!

thanks for your knowledge either way.. you are the best kingfisho on fishraider from checking the history

you should have everyone's respect

you should change your nick to hectic :1prop:

Geez you can tell its winter and people are stir crazy!!

The best things in life are the things you work out for yourself.

Bring on summer !!!!!!!!!!

I am so bored i am gonna brave the weather and head out on sunday. ( not sailors Bay )

Well done Netic , mate i love your work on the kings.

Cheers all.

Edited by zenman

thanks oz

please post some vidoes so clueless people like me will learn

catching a kingy will be a dream come true!

i have been with charters on the harbour and it was boring compared to your trip!

y dont you start a charter business i would come with you every weekend!

thanks for your knowledge either way.. you are the best kingfisho on fishraider from checking the history

you should have everyone's respect

you should change your nick to hectic :1prop:

believe i heard from the man himself that he should be named hectic :tease:

No offense mate but it is that total lack of understanding of the species that will keep you from getting onto them like Oz does.

Do some research and spend some time on the water and it will all come together. I don't think people like Oz and Hookem and Dan and Greg were given these spots when they picked up thier boats from the dealer. They worked for them! :wacko:

As I have said many times, fishing for kings is like hunting you need to actively seek them out to get results :biggrin2:

Cheers Rob

Its a combination of sherlock holmes meets Zane Gray

with a little bit of instinct thrown in!

ps

love the Mighty Boosh reference lol!

Hey guys,

Well after not fishing for a very long time me and a couple of mates decided to hit the harbour today as all the wives were at a kitchen tea...

We met up at Tunks ramp at 10.00am with the plan to catch some squid and then see if any kings were around.

Squid was not too hard and we had 9 within 45 minutes so we then decided to head to some of the Middle harbour wrecks...

Got to the first 2 locations and nothin was showing on the sounder but the Sailors bay wreck was showing heaps of life.

We threw down some squid and within seconds it was taken bu a 70cm king, then another and another.

We finished all our squid within 5 minutes and could still see heaps of kings on the sounder so decided to try 80 to 120 gram jigs and the kings went crazy for them..

We boated another 10 or so in 20 minutes and then they went jig shy.....

The biggest king went over 80cm but as normal they were winter kings in cold water so there did not fight to summer standards.....

All in all a good day though and it was good to be on the water again.

post-1441-1217743560_thumb.jpg

post-1441-1217743569_thumb.jpg

great winter haul netic people aint even catching them that big offshore and while everyone is asking for just about the hard work you've put in over the years i was just wondering if i could borrow your boat i'll pay for fuel :074::074::074::074:

cheers warren

Hey guys,

Well after not fishing for a very long time me and a couple of mates decided to hit the harbour today as all the wives were at a kitchen tea...

We met up at Tunks ramp at 10.00am with the plan to catch some squid and then see if any kings were around.

Squid was not too hard and we had 9 within 45 minutes so we then decided to head to some of the Middle harbour wrecks...

Got to the first 2 locations and nothin was showing on the sounder but the Sailors bay wreck was showing heaps of life.

We threw down some squid and within seconds it was taken bu a 70cm king, then another and another.

We finished all our squid within 5 minutes and could still see heaps of kings on the sounder so decided to try 80 to 120 gram jigs and the kings went crazy for them..

We boated another 10 or so in 20 minutes and then they went jig shy.....

The biggest king went over 80cm but as normal they were winter kings in cold water so there did not fight to summer standards.....

All in all a good day though and it was good to be on the water again.

post-1441-1217743560_thumb.jpg

post-1441-1217743569_thumb.jpg

Top effort oz nice middle harbour kings mate

Unfortunately some members have thought it was a good idea to use this thread to further their own agendas & others have have used it to have a stab at other people.

I am not impressed by the way this has gone :offtopic: .

It was a top session & report from Oz & should be replied to as such.

I have taken note of every single one of the shit stirrers & you are on notice. DO NOT DO IT AGAIN!

Topic Closed.

Jewhunter,

Site Admin.