Albacore Wide Of Bellambi

Sammy0884

Hi Guys,

I went south with Warnie for an attempt on some fin on Saturday, the plan was to meet at maccas for some fuel then hit the water. We arrived at the ramp to be greeted by glassed out conditions which made the run to the 100fth line fast and comfy.

We dropped the lures in over the shelf and tracked NE to run over a temp break than we had marked on the SST charts. We ran into our first couple of Ablies in amongst endless bloops and splashes of micro jellybean stripies and albies hitting bait all around us. We pushed wide to the 1200fth line to see if we couldnt run over something larger than 3kg. It was unsucessful so we ran south along 100fth and ran into some more bite sized albies, we threw some cubes in and had them at the back of the boat, not interested in the offerings with hooks loaded unfortunately, so we trolled on for a few more plate sized fish before calling it a day a 2pm.

Some pics of the day,

AlbacorewideofBellambi001.jpg

AlbacorewideofBellambi007.jpg

AlbacorewideofBellambi014.jpg

AlbacorewideofBellambi041.jpg

AlbacorewideofBellambi043.jpg

AlbacorewideofBellambi048.jpg

AlbacorewideofBellambi056.jpg

AlbacorewideofBellambi058.jpg

AlbacorewideofBellambi059.jpg

Great report Sam. Pity the fin didn't play the game, but looks like you got into some consolation fish anyway :thumbup:

Some brilliant photos mate. Your boat is fairly bristling, with rods and outriggers :1yikes: Hope to see you and Chris smash some good fin soon. Best of luck,

Hodgey

Nice work on the little guys! Sometimes the big ones just dont wanna play but you cant catch em if they're not there!!!!

Great photos to, really sharp! What camera/lens etc are you using?

Thanks for the compliments on the boat guys, it is my pride and joy!

As for my camera and lens, i am using a Nikon D80 Digital SLR, the lens is a Nikon Nikkor 18-200mmVR which is an awesome 'do evertything lens'

Looks like a nice feed even if the sport would have been somewhat lacking with that gear. I reckon a little threadline would have been fun though.

Like everyone else has said, those photos are pretty good mate.

Inhlanzi: The camera is a Nikon D80SLR, the Seafarer is a 2002 model, in mint condition, yeah the bait table came with it and only has the two angled holders.

Boban: We were very tempted to throw a pair of albies out live if we saw something we liked on the sounder. but yeah, some 6kg gear would have been fun.

Robbie: I'll try to fish the pointscore, providing i have a motor on the back of my boat, it might be making room for something more exciting.... we had the best results on Pakula Mosquitos and Rapala X-Rap 20 deep divers.

Inhlanzi: The camera is a Nikon D80SLR, the Seafarer is a 2002 model, in mint condition, yeah the bait table came with it and only has the two angled holders.

Boban: We were very tempted to throw a pair of albies out live if we saw something we liked on the sounder. but yeah, some 6kg gear would have been fun.

Robbie: I'll try to fish the pointscore, providing i have a motor on the back of my boat, it might be making room for something more exciting.... we had the best results on Pakula Mosquitos and Rapala X-Rap 20 deep divers.

well done out there sammy and co, good to see you boys getitng onto the fish out there. the boat looks hot too.

What a great report! :thumbup:

Excellent photos too! Great photos have more to do with a good "photographer" than a good camera. So well done mate! :thumbup:

The conditions out there looked fantastic. Shame you didn't get any fin, but it looks like you had a top time anyway. Great looking boat.

Cheers and thanks for the report.

Peter