Middle Harbour Hoodlums

thesquidking

Hi guys

I hit the harbour quite late this morning with a 7am start, but with conditions so good i was confidant.

Plan of attack for today was catch squid then fish for kings in middle harbour.

I found the squid to be very scarce this morning and only managed 2 med size squid.

With the 10:30am high tide fast approching i headed for middle harbour, sounded out a favourite wreck of mine and saw lots of bait and kings shadowing the bait schools.

I set up the downrigger and sent the bigger of the two squid down, within no time the live squid got nailed big time!!!!

With 50lb braid screaming off my reel like it was on free spool i quickly grabbed my rod and started to fight the beast.

It was a torrid fight and i thought i would not see this guy as i hooked him very close to structure but for some reason he swam to open water, a few minutes later up comes a 93cm king! YES BABY!

High fives all round and my day was done.

What a great season we are going to have.

Regards

Thesquidking

post-4737-1224243913_thumb.jpg

Mate!!!!!!!!!! that doctored picture looks like it should have the wiggles in the foreground.

If you dont want anyone to know where you are fishing ??? take the picture elsewhere as it detracts from the whole story of what you achieved.

Regards Swordfisherman

Excellent kingie Squidking, I have got to get the boat down to Sydney sometime. I come over the bridge every day, looking for sign and always wish i was on the Harbour.

What rods & gear are you using, rods in the photo look fairly long, I am still using shorter 6' boat rods but am interested in a longer one (7') for the boat to give more control etc.

Cheers and thanks again

Copafisher