Got My E-tec Today

glennmreid

Picked up my boat today from Craig at Huett Marine after I had an engine change. Swapped my 4 stroke over to an E-TEC. Thanks to Craig for doing such a great job! Got so excited seeing the new motor. I love the white :thumbup:

Also, got a cover for the outboard, which can be left on at all times. Had some new white BRP gauges fitted. Once again, love the white. Can't wait to get it on the water and test the motor out! The results, I am sure will be very interesting against the 60 HP 4 stroke that I had.

post-3324-1225508728_thumb.jpg

post-3324-1225508737_thumb.jpg

post-3324-1225508746_thumb.jpg

post-3324-1225508757_thumb.jpg

Looks pretty smick! :thumbup:

Love the gauges, very professional indeed.

Mate that engine cover would make a great hat also :tease:

Hope you enjoy the new beast and look forward to your reactions and comparisons over the 4 stroke.

Cheers

Carl

Hi Guys, Glenn got his new toy today as he said and I had a chance to run it yesterday afternoon. It was very windy down the river and not the best to do a comprehensive test, but compared to the 60HP Merc that I ran last week on it we saw about 3 MPH more at top speed. It cruised nicely at about 3800 RPM and was using about 8L/HR. At idle it was using 0.4L/HR which is hard to beat. As I suspected the acceration was better with the E-TEC, but again very windy and got not really get away from it whihc was a shame becasue last week when i ran the boat with the Merc is was like a mirror at Brooklyn. I I think with the extra torque when Glenn takes a few mates with him it will be able to carry the load better. I must admit the E-TEC is quiet, but as I said in the last post, at idle especially the 60HP 4-Stroke Merc are nice running outboards.

Glenn is MR Gadget Greg, you should see his boat mate it would have more gear on it than both twice its size and is a stern heavy thing so the Permatrim worked well and he had one on his other outboard so he wanted one on this one. I think it was worth while for this hull but as i tell people on some boats Permatrims make the boat handle worse.

I am sure Glenn is going to get go use out of her and I know come first service time in 3 years it is going to look as good as it did today-he really looks after his stuff.

Cheers,

Huey.

Great motor! Congratulations1 I like the cover: asked my local dealer for the one for 60 hp 2 months ago ... still no answer, may have to contact Huett Marine to get one.

Contact Huey for the outboard cover. Well worth the service. These covers do look great.

congratulations, looks fantastic, sure you will love it. The gauges look tops ! What does the lcd window in the tacho tell you?

LCD guage on the tacho tells you, fuel level, fuel used, fuel consumption,engine hours,low fuel alarm. It also does a systems check before you start, checking for low oil, high temp,EMM engine check. It is a real cool guage.

Niiiice! :yahoo::yahoo:

Well worth the wait Glenn. We'll have to change your moniker to The White Knight :biggrin2:

Looking forward to your feedback on the new motor mate. I reckon she'll run like a scolded cat! :thumbup:

Cheers

Hodgey

The white knight! I Like :thumbup:

Great looking rig. :thumbup: I am looking for a 60hp donk atm and have heard good things about the e-tecs but was a little put off by the e-tec as it is only a 2 cylinder because of perhaps being a little "lumpy" at slow trolling speeds.Could you let me know it performs possibly after you have given it a good test ? With your experience of the same boat running different motors I would be really keen to find out the pros & cons of the e-tec.It would sure help me with my motor choice.Cheers Don.

Sweet as Glenn!!!! She's a goer!!!

.... LCD guage on the tacho tells you, fuel level, fuel used, fuel consumption,engine hours,low fuel alarm. It also does a systems check before you start, checking for low oil, high temp,EMM engine check. It is a real cool guage......

Does it wake you up in the morning & get you a cuppa tea too??? It wouldn't surprise me!!! :1yikes:

Look forward to going out on her in the new year! :)

Roberta

Great looking rig. :thumbup: I am looking for a 60hp donk atm and have heard good things about the e-tecs but was a little put off by the e-tec as it is only a 2 cylinder because of perhaps being a little "lumpy" at slow trolling speeds.Could you let me know it performs possibly after you have given it a good test ? With your experience of the same boat running different motors I would be really keen to find out the pros & cons of the e-tec.It would sure help me with my motor choice.Cheers Don.

Will let you know the results when I give her a good run. I'll tell you one thing, I put the muffs on her at home yesterday and gave her a run whilst doing a flush with the garden hose, she doesn't start like the old 2 cylinder, nor does she sould like a 2 cylinder at idle. Sounded so sweet. It started up with one turn of the key! Just like a 4 stroke.

Sweet as Glenn!!!! She's a goer!!!

.... LCD guage on the tacho tells you, fuel level, fuel used, fuel consumption,engine hours,low fuel alarm. It also does a systems check before you start, checking for low oil, high temp,EMM engine check. It is a real cool guage......

Does it wake you up in the morning & get you a cuppa tea too??? It wouldn't surprise me!!! :1yikes:

Look forward to going out on her in the new year! :)

Roberta

Does all the Roberta and a whole lot more. Hopefully be able to christen the boat with a decent fish :074: Looking forward to taking you out in her in the new year!

g'day all

i also recently purchased a e-tec and have had it out on the water a couple of times and so far i must say im very impressed they are a nice quiet motor compared to the old 2 stroke i was running and theres no smell from the petrol fumes and there great on fuel to and its great for trolling. the only thing im a bit worried about is the 3 year 300 hour first service might be a good idea 2 get it looked over once a year.

Nice work, I saw your rig at Huetts when I picked mine up. :yahoo:

I managed to get mine in the water yesterday, OMG! The 150 etec just flies!!! :1yikes:

And so , so quiet...

Someone mentioned to hang on when you put the throttle down... Damn straight there.

Very responsive, all thru the range.

At work now, but will post a report on how she went with some pics later.

Didn't think to hit Huey up for a free cap though!!

The cover looks good too, I might have to look into one.

Good Morning, Glenn mate I thought you would of had her out by now. Yes all clean engines are a big improvements over the older designs and even on the flusher they are quiet. Glenn, being Mr gadget, wanted this Tacho and yes I think it gives the user useful info like fuel economy etc.

Don the only con of the 60HP vs a EFI 4-Stroke is, as I have said the low speed running a good 4-Stroke will be quiter, but the I-2 E-TEC are very nice indeed and a cool thing that only E-TEC offers is you can dial in the idle trolling speed and they idle slower than any 4-Stroke. Everything else from fuel economy, emissions, performance, weight, cost of ownership and proven simplicity is in the E-TEc favour when compared to other clean engines in the 60HP class. Do your self a favour and get a run of both an E-TEC and same sized 4-Stroke beofre handing over your cash. You still might prefer a 4-Stroke and that is what is good about our society it is your call as to what you buy, but just make sure you add SST prop and service costs into the equation.

As for the service, as Ross said most guys only do about 150 hours over 3 years and the impeller, plugs and gearoil is fine to go that long. Yes replcae the boat filter, grease the nipples and that is all you need to do and really this should be done on any brand of outboard. That said we have some customers who want to get their E-TEC serviced yearly and that is your call-you do not have to go 3 years between services.

Dave good to see you got her out and yes the 150HP on your hull was the perfect match. The cover is a good idea. Swing by mate and I can give you a couple of hats as well.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi Craig,

Was going to take the boat out after I picked her up on Saturday. Not long after I got home, there was a waiting party waiting for me. The in laws were excited about the arrival of the E-TEC, so they wanted to have a look. Will take the boat out over the next few days. Looking forward to seeing the difference, and providing the results here for everyone to see!

Good Morning, Glenn mate I thought you would of had her out by now. Yes all clean engines are a big improvements over the older designs and even on the flusher they are quiet. Glenn, being Mr gadget, wanted this Tacho and yes I think it gives the user useful info like fuel economy etc.

Don the only con of the 60HP vs a EFI 4-Stroke is, as I have said the low speed running a good 4-Stroke will be quiter, but the I-2 E-TEC are very nice indeed and a cool thing that only E-TEC offers is you can dial in the idle trolling speed and they idle slower than any 4-Stroke. Everything else from fuel economy, emissions, performance, weight, cost of ownership and proven simplicity is in the E-TEc favour when compared to other clean engines in the 60HP class. Do your self a favour and get a run of both an E-TEC and same sized 4-Stroke beofre handing over your cash. You still might prefer a 4-Stroke and that is what is good about our society it is your call as to what you buy, but just make sure you add SST prop and service costs into the equation.

As for the service, as Ross said most guys only do about 150 hours over 3 years and the impeller, plugs and gearoil is fine to go that long. Yes replcae the boat filter, grease the nipples and that is all you need to do and really this should be done on any brand of outboard. That said we have some customers who want to get their E-TEC serviced yearly and that is your call-you do not have to go 3 years between services.

Dave good to see you got her out and yes the 150HP on your hull was the perfect match. The cover is a good idea. Swing by mate and I can give you a couple of hats as well.

Cheers,

Huey.

Looking forwatd to seeing your pictures. Do yourself a favour and get a cover for your outboard from Huey, they do look great!

Nice work, I saw your rig at Huetts when I picked mine up. :yahoo:

I managed to get mine in the water yesterday, OMG! The 150 etec just flies!!! :1yikes:

And so , so quiet...

Someone mentioned to hang on when you put the throttle down... Damn straight there.

Very responsive, all thru the range.

At work now, but will post a report on how she went with some pics later.

Didn't think to hit Huey up for a free cap though!!

The cover looks good too, I might have to look into one.