Where's Your Favourite Holiday Fishing Destination?

brendong

Hmmm Lake Conjola or Nambucca Heads, I frequent Lake Conjola heaps more than I do Nambucca Heads, but Nambucca is my favourite for fishing.....racks for Breambo's, drop offs for flats and jews, sand flats for popping whiting, weed beds breambo's and flats, rock walls for a lucky dip and the odd Mango Jack.

I haven't done alot outside but SW Rocks is south and Coff's is North and Scott's Head is just down the road.....Hmmm Spanyards, Samson, pearlies and sharks....

Bring on the annual post Christmas Nambucca trip!!!

So what's your fav spot?

Has to be Lake Glenbawn at Aberdeen :biggrin2:

Great spot for bass,silvers,goldens and catties.

Accomodation is excellent with 2 bedroom cabins (thats what we call camping)

Great views

post-256-1226457518_thumb.jpg

post-256-1226457530_thumb.jpg

4 hours from Sydney (easy drive)

I knda like my own backyard, Wallis Lake, but always get excited about fishing Glenbawn in NSW & Boondooma & Awoonga in Qld ....... have high hopes of getting massive bass & barra on our next trip in 2009! :)

Roberta

Has to be Lake Glenbawn at Aberdeen :biggrin2:

Great spot for bass,silvers,goldens and catties.

Accomodation is excellent with 2 bedroom cabins (thats what we call camping)

Great views

4 hours from Sydney (easy drive)

Hey Swordie, have you stayed in the houses at the enterance to the park yet?

Even better than the cabins!!!

3 bedrooms and are full houses.....

My fav place would still have to be Cape York, not just the fishing but the total experience!

Here we were sitting in a creek above a water fall in 40 degree heat having a little "afternoon tea".

post-3563-1226466903_thumb.jpg

I have Greg and the houses are good ,but its too far away from the water for my liking :tease:

Bloody hell that's a hard one! :1prop:

I'll try to narrow it down. :biggrin2:

Malindi, Kenya. Where else can you catch 1000lb black & blue marlin as well as stripies & white marlin, heaps of swordfish, 30 odd sailfish in a day as well as 100kg yellowfin, wahoo, spanairds, massive gt's dollies, etc, etc. Simply an amazing place to fish.

Fresh water would have to be Canada or north America for Salmon & Trout in the rivers & largemouth bass, pike, muskies & walleye in the lakes.

A bit more exotic.

The a shop for Pacu & pirahna.

Vanuatu for it's awesome blue marlin fishery.

In Oz I haven't travelled as much but it would have to be Weipa.

I love a place that offers a wide variety of species.

Jeez I'm glad I narrowed it down!! :074:

Cheers,

Grant.

Mine would have to be Gove NT simply for the variety, It normally takes awhile to wet aline back in Syd after a couple of mad weeks there.

You can get barra,skinnies, GT's,jack,jew & spanyards just in the harbour there, it's crazy fishing....

Cheers

Roffo

hehehe Roffo - I fished Gove with my brother in 2000 (he was the resident Dentist there at the time) and have a PB Spanish Mackerel of 20lb on Shimano Bantam Baitcaster on short rod (I thought I had a snag but was in 30ft of water, so Neil said "No way a snag!")

Hey Jewhunter - that is showing off!! BIGTIME !!! Drool!!!

Olitay - I was at SWR earlier this year when Paulie Hobie caught his big marlin on his Hobie yak (see Game fishing Reports) Great spot! Will be there again in late Feb 2009!!!

Hi Glenn - I wanna go to NORFOLK Island!!! One day .......

Roberta

My fav place would still have to be Cape York, not just the fishing but the total experience!

Here we were sitting in a creek above a water fall in 40 degree heat having a little "afternoon tea".

post-3563-1226466903_thumb.jpg

No crocs around? I can picture one coming behind you!

Hmmm Lake Conjola or Nambucca Heads, I frequent Lake Conjola heaps more than I do Nambucca Heads, but Nambucca is my favourite for fishing.....racks for Breambo's, drop offs for flats and jews, sand flats for popping whiting, weed beds breambo's and flats, rock walls for a lucky dip and the odd Mango Jack.

I haven't done alot outside but SW Rocks is south and Coff's is North and Scott's Head is just down the road.....Hmmm Spanyards, Samson, pearlies and sharks....

So what's your fav spot?

Hey mate,

Where about do you go at Lake Conjola? I went their for the first time this year, beautiful place!! Haven't fished their yet, but I did see a lot of photos of flatties at the caravan park!

Clarence River - has a sentimental value to me, and massive bream

NT - Nothing comes close to the experience of the territory, an absolutely magnificent place

Would love to go to One Tree Beach in the Kimberlys and would also love to do Cape York

So what's your fav spot?

Hi Poddy,Trapper

You really know what your talking about, Gods own country Nambucca, Scotts and Grassy HEADS,all the fish you target are hear.

Cheers Rick.

Edited by rickb