Swordies At Glenbawn

mrsswordfisherman

your certinly at the right spot at the right time great to see some top pic's there donna

when you get sick off hitting the bass maybe give the murrys a go if i remember right you have to find the old church or follow the original creek bed i never got one but i.m shore they are there

cherrs gary

Wooooo Hoooooo!!!

Donna, it looks suspicously like you're all having a ball :1prop: . God I'm sooooo jealous........wish I was there!

Good to see there are plenty about, I cant wait to hear all the details when you get back.

Cheers,

Smitty

ps: The storm photos reminded me of that crazy mini cyclone that came through two years ago, nearly blew us all off the water.

Are these bass good table fish?

I think I caught one up above Townsville a few years ago but it was very small and went back to fight another day.

Had to settle for the damper and billy tea for lunch that day. :thumbup:

Cheers

Mariner

Hi Mariner 31, I have to agree with Hodgey regarding Bass table quailty, they are very good. And although I would never kill a "wild" Bass (I think they are far too special), I have no problem killing a couple of fish from those large stocked empoundments :fish_h4h: .

Smitty...

Wooooo Hoooooo!!!

Donna, it looks suspicously like you're all having a ball :1prop: . God I'm sooooo jealous........wish I was there!

Good to see there are plenty about, I cant wait to hear all the details when you get back.

Cheers,

Smitty

ps: The storm photos reminded me of that crazy mini cyclone that came through two years ago, nearly blew us all off the water.

Yes Smitty, this morning we had one of those mini cyclones almost. Just got back in from the arvo session tally now is

swordies - 173

mercs - 99

dutch - 35

Over 300 fish so far and ALL released of course. Johnno got his first yellowbelly this afternoon.

Talk when we return :)

Cheers mrsswordie

Some fantastic numbers Gang! :yahoo::yahoo:

Terrific photos Donna. Very nice yella :clapping: I have just finished buying some more spinnerbaits for Lake Mulwala, but it looks like I'm off to the tackle shop again :biggrin2:

Nice of Stewy to model the range of FishRaider headwear available to members :biggrin2: Keep the updates and photos coming. Congrats to all on a superb week of fishing ... wish I was there :(

Cheers

Hodgey

Wooohooo!!!! Caught my first NSW Bass, yella belly & carp all on lures (had only caught bass on lures in Qld before this!) And all were caught in my yak! :) :) Went out with Swordie yesterday morning after a big storm & Stewy caught 3 whilst Johnno, Dan & I caught Zippo!!! :( Ne'er mind - it was terrific to be in the boat with the "Pro" (Donna was having a well earned sleep-in) and if I'd set my alarm this morning, I would have had another session with Stewy, but slept in! :1badmood::mad3: (Telling myself off soundly!!!)

My Campsite ....... not as luxurious as The Swordies & Co!!

post-2231-1227388021_thumb.jpg

Here is my yak, ready to go - that red clay is a bugger to get off the yak & my clothes!!

post-2231-1227388053_thumb.jpg

Got home late this afternoon & Keith said ...... wait for it ....... "with the weather turning so nice today, I am surprised you didn't stay another day!!!" :1yikes: Stewy & I had discussed that very issue this morning, as it was such a LOVELY day today, after the :ranting2: (aka crap weather) of yesterday. (I was at my campsite sitting out that torrential downpour shown in Donna's photos & the other downpours, too .......) but I thought we had some engagement at home this weekend, so sadly packed up, had brunch with the Swordies (Sandra at the Kiosk really does do Superb Hamburgers!) and at about 10.30am headed off for home! had a couple of stops along the way & got home about 4.30pm.

Swordies catch up to me in the yak on Wed morning

post-2231-1227388081_thumb.jpg

Dan & Johnno fishing Thurs morning

post-2231-1227388115_thumb.jpg

The Pro at work

post-2231-1227388314_thumb.jpg

Stewy's nice bass

post-2231-1227388147_thumb.jpg

The boys loading the boat onto the trailer in really nasty waves. Check out the mud that has been whipped up by the wash.

post-2231-1227388191_thumb.jpg

I have to get dinner ready now ..... but will do another report later with all the action ..... da da da da ..... the Predator Strikes again :)

Cheers for now

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

seems like a good weekend roberta.....i was ment to stay there till sun after ariving last night ...but after the first 5 minutes of fishing at 5am this morn and a small mishap that led to a treble still attached to a bass burying itself in my finger then having to get the said treble dug out of my hand at scone hospital.....on top of the shitty weather i called it a weekend this arvo and left early with my mates still up there fishing!

post-7454-1227333447.jpg

Edited by flatty hunter626

Bad luck FH!! I hope there was sufficient size in the bass to warrant the amount of damage done to you!!!

I used my new Juro Lip Grippers on every fish & was very happy with them! They held the fish well, weighed them & handled well above my expectation!! :) I had had a couple of popular brands prior to that & this one left them for dead!

If the weather followed the same pattern as when I was there, it would have backed off this afternoon & been not half bad! Hope your buddies got into some good ones too!

Hope your finger heals fast & doesn't prevent you from fishing for too long!

Cheerio

Roberta

Ooooh just saw the pic - very nasty place to be impaled!!!

Edited by Roberta

Ouch FH I hope you have a speedy recovery. I always use pliers to get the hooks out.

Thanks to Team Swordy and Team Cowboy Mercs and Team "Yak" (Roberta) and of course my other half for the great week.

After the non event when we arrived ie dead battery we soon got in amongst it all and started catching some Bass.

We were very lucky the battery died before we went out. It would have been near impossible to get back to the boat ramp the way the wind howled with only the Minn Kota. It's a shame Sea Tow doesn't cover the dam.

Thanks to Swordy for all his tips on where to catch the big ones.

Wooohooo..

Can't wait till next year. :biggrin2:

hmmmm yes first trip to glenbawn first fresh water trip all together and a bass within the first 2 mins......worse part was it isnt even my fish so still havent caught myself a bass yet lol......i spoke to my mates an hour ago and apparently the wind is shocking atm so im kinda glad i got home out of it especially with the dam thumb.......yes the it was in such an awkward position norm i could have just kept the hook going and cut the barb but just couldnt do it as it was such a painfull spot......anyway hopefully ill be back up at glenbawn soon with my mates big boat and not a tiny 3.5m cartopper that has to squish 3 teenage boys plus gear.......

ps.... i think i will be investing in a pair of lip grips very shortly to prevent this kind of mishap:P....and all that for a 40cm bass...!!

Edited by swordfisherman

ps.... i think i will be investing in a pair of lip grips very shortly to prevent this kind of mishap:P....and all that for a 40cm bass...!!

Mate I fish out of my yak & tinnie & always pick them up for release.

They are a sucker for a "comfort lift ". They stay dead still during unhooking.

If done properly they will never play up. :biggrin2:

Well done to all the Raiders that fished Glenbawn this week. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant.

Mate I fish out of my yak & tinnie & always pick them up for release.

They are a sucker for a "comfort lift ". They stay dead still during unhooking.

If done properly they will never play up. :biggrin2:

Well done to all the Raiders that fished Glenbawn this week. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant.

yer funnyest part is i wasnt even unhooking or holding the dam fish!....;p;z