My First Ever Jew! @ Hawkesbury

naddy

hi all, went out last night (last minute decision) to a place in the hawkesbury land based

wasnt really expecting to catch anything just wanted to chill out with my brother (his last day in aus before holidays)

arrived to my 'new' secret spot land based had 2 rods, 1 was bottom bashing with 3 hook pilchard rid

and my other rod was pillie/ganged on float.

got there at 12:00am high tide was at 2:30pm with a 1.33metres high

short and simple

15minutes before high, i reeled up my rod to check my pillie.... nothing.. not even touched..

so i casted out and as i was letting the line straighten up and the sinker hit the floor (very deep hole).

all of a sudden the line just kept pulling (the reel hadnt been clipped back on yet, so the line was peeling off)

LOL so im standing there reeling in what i think is a port jackson or some kinda ray.

then..... i feel HEAD SHAKES and im thinking.... COULD THIS BE?

after about 1minute of adrenalin, this baby 45cm (JUST LEGAL) soapie jew comes up

STOKED!!! my first jewie..

i know to some of yous a 45cm jewie is nothing.. but its my first ever jew.. and im never gonna forget it!

its funny, when u go prepared with fresh squid bait/new lines/full moons/king tides and get absolutely nothing.. and then u go last minute fishing with a bag of servo pillies and u come home with a dream fish!

that's fishing for ya!

what a way to end my 2008 and with my brother with me too!

merry xmas everyone and enjoy the festives! =)

firsteverjew.jpg

mate great report and congrats on the jew that rush when you felt the head shakes is what you will now seek and can become an adiction[jew fishermen,sad lonely people that spend way to much time seeking the above]welcome to the club :074:

well done cherrs gary

Well done Naddy,loved your report...reading reports like yours always brings a smile.

caught my first jew while fishing with my brother [both gloveless] late at night as well.

long time ago now,but still remember it as if it was yesterday.

Best wishes to you too :biggrin2:

hi all, went out last night (last minute decision) to a place in the hawkesbury land based

wasnt really expecting to catch anything just wanted to chill out with my brother (his last day in aus before holidays)

arrived to my 'new' secret spot land based had 2 rods, 1 was bottom bashing with 3 hook pilchard rid

and my other rod was pillie/ganged on float.

got there at 12:00am high tide was at 2:30pm with a 1.33metres high

short and simple

15minutes before high, i reeled up my rod to check my pillie.... nothing.. not even touched..

so i casted out and as i was letting the line straighten up and the sinker hit the floor (very deep hole).

all of a sudden the line just kept pulling (the reel hadnt been clipped back on yet, so the line was peeling off)

LOL so im standing there reeling in what i think is a port jackson or some kinda ray.

then..... i feel HEAD SHAKES and im thinking.... COULD THIS BE?

after about 1minute of adrenalin, this baby 45cm (JUST LEGAL) soapie jew comes up

STOKED!!! my first jewie..

i know to some of yous a 45cm jewie is nothing.. but its my first ever jew.. and im never gonna forget it!

its funny, when u go prepared with fresh squid bait/new lines/full moons/king tides and get absolutely nothing.. and then u go last minute fishing with a bag of servo pillies and u come home with a dream fish!

that's fishing for ya!

what a way to end my 2008 and with my brother with me too!

merry xmas everyone and enjoy the festives! =)

firsteverjew.jpg

Well done on catch what a way to end the day

cheers delboy030767 :1fishing1:

Always a buzz catching your first target species.

Don't know if you wear the gloves when handling the bait as the "rubber" smell might taint the bait.

My guess is that it is "Dr Daleboy" and the gloves are eveready for any emergency surgery required :tease:

Well done on the soapy

Cheers

Mariner

haha, thanks guys!

yeahh im still abit psyched about the whole thing lol the next day i wrapped her in foil,

put oil, slit lines between her side, had lemon/salt/pepper and a tad of chilli flakes

also put lemon pieces on her. wrapped her up nicely and chucked her on the BBQ

omg it was delish!

another thing i wanted to mention, dunno if u guys agree with me but is it just me or do the jewfish smell BEAUTIFUL!

they have a distinct and nice FISH smell (as bad as that sounds)

lol! i wouldve taken the gloves off but i was already holding the bugger !

tight lines all!