My 1st Kingie A Fluke?!

ASJ

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the best way to start! know you will be hooked like the rest of us, but with a great trophy under your belt already. well done again!

It just goes to show you how unpredictable these fish are, however I've heard of Kingfish being caught just before dawn before. They must awake at 3ish and start hunting squid before the squid go to deeper water!

Cheers,

Leatherjacket

Top report ASJ, excellent reading mate! :1welcomeani: Welcome to Fishraider ASJ !!

Great kingfish mate, a definate contender for fish of the month-What a good way to introduce yourself! :thumbup: Next time get there closer to the top for your jewfish... it looks like you got there a bit late as sharks usually come in later in the run out.

For a minute I thought you were going to punt that soccer ball fair between the pine trees :D

I believe there are a lot of fish out the front at the moment.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

LoL!

Thanks for the warm welcome Jewgaffer, you always offer great advice to fishraiders and I have spent many nights reading and applying your knowledge with success :biggrin2:

Thankyou all for your wonderful comments :icon_peace: !

Hi ASJ,

thanks for a great read and what a good result for a nights' fishing!! Well done. That could be the fish of a life time.!!

I will have to try the pre dawn beach fishing some time, just not necessarily the through the night part of it, as you did.

cheers

Sails

Great report and even better fish.

It reminds me of my mate's first jewfish off the beach. He wanted to go home and I said "Nah, what are you going to do at home other than watch TV". Not more than 10 mins later he hooks his 13kg jewie, which he still talks about today. I'm thinking you'll have the same fond memories of that kingie.

Cheers

Mitch