Funnel Web In My Undys

brickman

after a fellow raider gave everyone the heads up on funnel webs and them being on the move i've had my eyes open and this mornning i went to pick up the washing in my bedroom and what looked like a ball off fluff turned out to be a male funnel web in my undys

so a big thank you for the heads up and keep your eyes open raiders

cherrs gary

post-6655-1230767943_thumb.jpg

post-6655-1230767955_thumb.jpg

ps does anyone know if they still need spiders for milking or reserch uther wise it's wack with a thong

I can't believe you have posted this!!!!

In 1999 I was living in Roseville and had a similar thing happen.

I had the laundry basket in my room, and went to put on my undies, and immediately felt something in them and it was a massive Garden Orb spider. Now I am not ashamed to say I "squealed" and managed to get it out in time. I pictured the scenario of me having to go to Royal North Shore hospital and be treated for a bite to the you know what, and being teased by the staff there as I was working in the Emergency Dept at that time.

I wonder how many people have had this happen. Anyway funny stuff isn't it?!

just foe the record my place is at westleigh near thornleigh

the place backs on to nat.park and over the past month i've been doing some clean up work ready for bush fire seasion

must ring mum a thank her for drumming into me as a kid [always wear clean underwear you may get hit by a bus and have to go to hospital] i may change it to younever know when a funnel wed is in you undys

so allways get a new pair from the draw

cherrs all and be safe gary

Go On- Just admit it. The only reason you didn't get bitten was because it was the day to turn them inside out , not just back the front and wear them again. As if any bloke has more than two pair except for those Paddington Types??. Don't give him a love tap as he is traumatised enough after being in your undies. Show some pity.

Haven't seen any yet this year but usually see a few each year and habitually check shoes after a close call years ago with the gardening boots. Call me chicken but I stamp on all gardining gloves before I put em on. Might have to start doing the same with me undies??

Edited by pelican

Guest Aussie007
:1yikes::1yikes::1yikes::1yikes: your lucky it didnt bite u on the ass and have to get a swab test done "please drop the trouses and bend over i need to stick this swab in your rectum" :074::1yikes: Edited by gazza

my daughter took the little bugger to hornsby hospital and being a chip off the old block walked it casulty and asked it they wanted it the nurse went white and asked if it had bitten her she said not but it nearly got my dad on the nuts :074:

they send them to the reptile park for milking so it's all good he lives to see anuther day and willbe sapped off all his venom

cherrs gary

I find some funnel webs every year on the Central Coast. Our local National Geographic shop takes FW's, had six in there when I dropped one off last year. Heres a link to Reptile Park for more info and spider drop off details http://www.reptilepark.com.au/venom_dropOff.asp

The spiders I keep an eye out for are white tails cause of a spreading skin ulceration known as necrotic arachnidsm from some bites, which, as yet, has no easy cure. I dont kill them just relocate outside to keep other spiders down. Largest whitetail I ever found was 16 yrs ago at Katoomba, size of a large funnel web and looked like he was on steriods. He crawled out of my sons nappy, when I was changing him :1yikes:. I will also kill redbacks on sight, as Dad was bitten by one and reckoned the pain is unbelievable. I inherited his habit to kill them on sight.

Keep an eye out

Hi Gary

So glad all is OK - I had a similar situation earlier in '08 where I thought I had been bitten by a funnel web, but it turned out to be another species, then thought I'd found a funnel web outside my back door, but it was a trapdoor!

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.ph...p;hl=funnel+web

Definitely get it checked out by experts & be wary of all spiders!! After checking out your pics again, it looks like it could be more like a Trapdoor than a funnel web. You still have to be careful with Trapdoors, but they are not as bad as FWs.

Funnel Web spiders (male & female) have 2 spinnerettes coming off the rear of their abdomen.

post-2231-1230885174_thumb.jpg

Your pic is a dead ringer of the Sydney Brown Trapdoor male, I reckon (no spinnerettes)

post-2231-1230885272_thumb.jpg

Seems that the funnel webs are on the march just now, after all the wet weather, so be very careful & make sure you knock any shoes to make sure they aren't hiding inside! :wacko:

Cheerio

Roberta

Here is a website that helps with identification of numerous AUssie spiders

http://bugsbgone.com.au/spider.html

Edited by Roberta

:Funny-Post::074: you lads have way to much time on your hands me in a thong thats discusting and i'm not easly grossed out

hey roberta i was calling it a trapdoor but my daughters boyfriend[ex army]asured me it was a male funnel web

but after seeing your post i tend to agree with you it did'nt have the 2 things on its bum

gary

A couple of years ago when I was in Victoria with the RFS I had a funnel web crawl up the undone chin strap of my helmet. I saw it out of the corner of my eye and threw the helmet as far as I could. When we went to the helmet and found the spider we had the same debate funnel web v trapdoor until it stood up on its back legs. I nearly had a heart attack....!

:Funny-Post::074: you lads have way to much time on your hands me in a thong thats discusting and i'm not easly grossed out....

....hey roberta i was calling it a trapdoor but my daughters boyfriend[ex army]asured me it was a male funnel web......

gary

Ex army ay Gary, It's a shame you didn't move next door to an army base there would have been so many opinions from the cook to the general that the minister for defence would have stepped in on the crisis. :lol:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

I can't believe you have posted this!!!!

In 1999 I was living in Roseville and had a similar thing happen.

I had the laundry basket in my room, and went to put on my undies, and immediately felt something in them and it was a massive Garden Orb spider. Now I am not ashamed to say I "squealed" and managed to get it out in time. I pictured the scenario of me having to go to Royal North Shore hospital and be treated for a bite to the you know what, and being teased by the staff there as I was working in the Emergency Dept at that time.

I wonder how many people have had this happen. Anyway funny stuff isn't it?!

hey nanook,

that would be a strange way to promote comradery in the workplace!!!! :074::074: