Honeymoon Spot With Good Fishing?

LittleNoah

So where is a good spot for a honeymoon that also has some good fishing. Will be going in march next year, maybe north QLD somewhere. She says she doesn't mind if I do a little bit of fishing where ever we go but we're not going to a purely fishing place, I tried to talk her into ET's Groote Eylandt sport fishing lodge in the NT but she wouldn't be in that.

Any suggestions???

Edited by LittleNoah

Have a look at Port Douglas, or maybe just off the coast in the whitsundays or the family group of islands like Dunk Island, Bedarra or Hinchinbrook.

We've been to port douglas, dunk, and whitsunday islands and all places are really nice with good fishing.

Dunk was probably my favourite.

Josh

Lord Howe comes to mind. Hand feeding kingies off a beach would be a definite attraction.

The boys from Adventure bound did a special from Lord Howe and caught kingies off the rocks, and GTs off the reefs, etc. Check it out on their DVD.

Cheers.

Yep lord howe for sure ,my friend got his wife her first fish "a 18kg spaniard". but if she wants to sit back and relax well its got everything and its not that for away . its a matter of do you want to catch 20kg GT's or oversize kingfish and other assorted monster's of the deep .

Yep lord howe for sure ,my friend got his wife her first fish "a 18kg spaniard". but if she wants to sit back and relax well its got everything and its not that for away . its a matter of do you want to catch 20kg GT's or oversize kingfish and other assorted monster's of the deep .

HMMM. 20kg GT or oversize Kings, decisions, decisions. Will definatley be looking into Lorde Howe, but feel free to throw a few more suggestions at me.

i'd assume there would be better things to do on a honeymoon than go fishing. if you know what i mean

but otherwise i am sure there is accomodation at bobbin head

Yeah mate, I get your drift (pun intended) but thats for night time after a few :beersmile:, and maybe the odd wake up snuggle :yahoo::biggrin2::thumbup:, still plenty of time to get a fish in somewhere you don't normally get to go but.

As for Bobbin Head, thanks anyway.

I chartered a bareboat yacht at the whitsundays for my honeymoon.

I highly recommend it.

You dont need to be an experienced yachty or anything.

Word of advice though don't overdo the fishing.

Funny you should mension it, I've been looking at that, looks absolutely unreal. The only thing the :wife: is a bit iffy about is having to do all our own cooking and cleaning, something about no house work just relaxing or somethin or other, bla bla bla. I reckon I'll be able to convince her but.

Was the one you went on a sail yacht?

The one we were looking at is powered boats around 35 to 40 foot.

Can you dock the boat or drop the anchor and go ashore in the tender for dinner and/or a night out etc?

Do you remember what company you went with mate?

I'm keen as for this, I reckon I've got her about 80% keen. If we can go ashore for dinner and a night out here and there I reckon I'll have her convinced.

Funny you should mension it, I've been looking at that, looks absolutely unreal. The only thing the :wife: is a bit iffy about is having to do all our own cooking and cleaning, something about no house work just relaxing or somethin or other, bla bla bla. I reckon I'll be able to convince her but.

Was the one you went on a sail yacht?

The one we were looking at is powered boats around 35 to 40 foot.

Can you dock the boat or drop the anchor and go ashore in the tender for dinner and/or a night out etc?

Do you remember what company you went with mate?

I'm keen as for this, I reckon I've got her about 80% keen. If we can go ashore for dinner and a night out here and there I reckon I'll have her convinced.

We went on a yacht but you don't have to sail everywhere.

They have small motors so you can just motor everywhere if you want.

(Although , come to think of it , fuel capacity might restrict your range)

If you want to sail and you've never done it before they can give you a lesson.

Its relatively easy sailing as the sails aren't big enough to get you into too much trouble.

You don't need a boat liscence.

You have a map book to guide you. Its like a gregorys.

It has all the anchorages shown in it. You just need to tell the operators where you plan to anchor a day in advance. You have a radio sked every arvo.

But basically you have the freedom to go wherever you want within the Whitsundays.

You can anchor off some resorts and have your romantic dinner in a resturant if you like.

We had our food all catered.

They stocked the fridge and freezer and gave us a menu so we didn't have to worry about food.

We went for about seven days which , I reckon , was only just enough time.

They have little tenders with motors that you can motor around the reefs for a spot of fishing.

If your wife is into a bit of adventure she'll love it.

If she's "high maintenance" maybe not so much.

My wife absolutley loved it but I got a few complaints about fishing too much.

It was very much an excercise in compramise and a little frustration ( of the fishing kind).

I'll PM you my number, give me a call if you have any more questions.

Motoring around the Whitsundays with a fishing rod which I couldn't use sounds like a recipe for disaster and lovers tiffs haha. I can already see the arguments.. If you find a compromise on that kind of trip i reckon the rest of your marriage will be easy

but otherwise i am sure there is accomodation at bobbin head

bobbin head would be one of the last places you would want to go on your honeymoon :thumbdown: , as for the whitsundays that sounds like it would be perfect, hope you get something planned out and remember to balance the time with the mrs and fishing :074:

For something Tropical, check out Sinalei Resort in Samoa, or Bokisssa Island in Vanuatu. A little bit more exy but well worth it. I think both resorts have deals at the moment. Both are great spots for blue water and reef fishing.

Caught this doggy at Bokissa.

post-2580-1233719422_thumb.jpg

cheers

Hire a houseboat on Tinaroo Dam,

Magnetic Island off Townsville

Airlie Beach - plenty of opportunity to do day charters

Not keen on Dunk Island - to close to the mainland - you can just about swim to it from the mainland wharf.

Cheers

Mariner

Hi Mate,

I go away every year with a prerequisite of nice place to relax for both of us and great fishing for me when :wife: is relaxing or getting a massage etc. I am extremely lucky as my partner is very happy to let me off fishing for a while so she can shop / read relax etc.

I would very highly recommend staying at Palm Cove. It is just north of Cairns - very easy to get too, beautiful and not over done and your wife will love it.

For you there is a huge jetty off the beach - sharks, barra and spaniards etc can be found regularly just depends on what time of year.

You can get transfers to heaps of charters that leave in from cairns and heaps that leave from Port Douglas. Palm Cove is half way between Cairns and Port Douglas.

Look at Peppers Palm Cove as a guide this is where I always stay but there are several fantastic locations.

I always look forward to going up there for an estuary fish from cairns, a deep sea bottom bash off port douglas and a relaxing fish off the jetty at night.

It is important to go somewhere that you both enjoy (especially on a honeynmoon).

Cheers

Josh

hey dude the girlfreind and i stayed at yeppoon in april and i got on to a guy who picked me up from the resort, supplied all the gear and bait and boat, drove me about 1/2 hour north to a place called corrio bay ( I think thats how you spell it) fished all day and caught bream, queenies, eastury cod, javlin fish, flathead, and mud crabs, dropped me at the front door and came back the next morning with all the fish filleted and frozen and 8 mud crabs already cooked for $150. WHAT A BARGAIN!!!! I still have his number if you want it.

and Great keppel is only a short boat trip away where you can glass bottom boat or sail and fish etc.

we also caught a turrum and several large dart straight of the beach at the resort with rods that we hired that just werent designed for the beach ( about 6ft).

Pete. heres some pics!post-8689-1233743697_thumb.jpg if you look close you can see great keppel island in the background!post-8689-1233743929_thumb.jpg

Edited by tide'n'knots

hey dude the girlfreind and i stayed at yeppoon in april and i got on to a guy who picked me up from the resort, supplied all the gear and bait and boat, drove me about 1/2 hour north to a place called corrio bay ( I think thats how you spell it) fished all day and caught bream, queenies, eastury cod, javlin fish, flathead, and mud crabs, dropped me at the front door and came back the next morning with all the fish filleted and frozen and 8 mud crabs already cooked for $150. WHAT A BARGAIN!!!! I still have his number if you want it.

and Great keppel is only a short boat trip away where you can glass bottom boat or sail and fish etc.

we also caught a turrum and several large dart straight of the beach at the resort with rods that we hired that just werent designed for the beach ( about 6ft).

Pete. heres some pics!post-8689-1233743697_thumb.jpg if you look close you can see great keppel island in the background!post-8689-1233743929_thumb.jpg

WHOA!!!! thats an AWSOME deal mate..

got the contact info of the place?

Sorry, I'm still laughing at the bobbin head suggestion- I can only imagine my wife's response to that kind of proposal!

I'm sure there's a spot we could have put our tent on the cooks river...

Yeah me too.

As I said in the original post, I couldn't convince her to go to ET's resort in the NT which I liked the sound of, but even I wouldn't be keen for bloody Bobbin Head

There's been some reel good suggestions here which I'm greatful for and I'm looking into, but that one must have been a joke, I hope so anyway.

Edited by LittleNoah

I'm getting married tomorrow Febuary 14th. We are having our honneymoon in FIJI.

There are some great packages at the moment including great fishing packages which I was lucky enough to get the new wife to be to agree to. :thumbup: So I will be back around the 24th and hope to have a great post with some great pic's as well :thumbup: