Broken Bay's Blistering Bonito Bonanza! 7/3/09

the1murph

Hey Guys went out for a SP run this morning to try and get some Snapper out of Broken Bay, fishing out near boultons which gave the leather jackets a good feed of plastic for th day, so we got the shits and decided to head in really close are 20-30ft and work some plastics over the close in reefy structure. While sounding out a spot i thought i would leave the trusty mini-bluewater classic out the back and in no time the Saltist HRF had buckled over and a nice little bonnie was landed.

post-5839-1236403535_thumb.jpg

post-5839-1236403596_thumb.jpg

Everyone else on board was very jealous so of go the jig heads and plastics, on with the diving lures! Seshion ran for about 2 hours until we got over it and left them on the bite but was awesome fun on the light gear.

post-5839-1236403681_thumb.jpg

post-5839-1236403637_thumb.jpg

When we headed back to the wharf to clean we were casting some blades around, got a baby snapper and an entire squid family ambushed him. But then we ambushed the squid and manged 4 big squid which are going on the barby with the bonnies tonight!

post-5839-1236403572_thumb.jpg

post-5839-1236403720_thumb.jpg

On the way home we put a few squid heads down on a kingy reef and a mack or frigate i dunno what he was but went down whole, big king had a go at him as soon as it hit the water, he rushed to the surface but didnt hook up. Anyways it was a great day and good to be out in such great conditions .

Jack

Edited by Kingy Kid

well done jack :thumbup: ..

i was tempted to try pitty on friday but went to the harbour as i normally dont get a chance at a midweek session with most spots free of weekend warriors to deal with..

how was the bonnie on the bbq.....

i would only consider them bait but am gonna try them next time if they are ok on the tooth....

cheers...steve.....

Top report Jack. :thumbup: Great photos too, but I wish they were a little bigger.

Those bonnies are little pocket rockets. Must have been heaps of fun.

I'd join you for a squid on the Barbie :thumbup: , but you can eat the Bonito :1tongue: .Great bait though.

Cheers

Peter

well done jack :thumbup: ..

i was tempted to try pitty on friday but went to the harbour as i normally dont get a chance at a midweek session with most spots free of weekend warriors to deal with..

how was the bonnie on the bbq.....

i would only consider them bait but am gonna try them next time if they are ok on the tooth....

cheers...steve.....

Hey mate yer they were bloody beautiful..... i would always keep a few for the table, just did salt, pepper, lime and sweet chilli sauce. :1clap:

Jack

OMG :1yikes::1yikes::1yikes: Thats awesome

what sort of sp to get them brusers :1yikes:

got em all on shallow diving hard bodies, the new mini blue water classics and the new diawa hardbodies... can't remember the type.

Jack

you need to post larger images!

give imageshack a try. you can post a small pic with the pic being a link to a larger image

great catch btw! i don't mind eating them too

yer mate ill give that a go but my camera is such high res that the only way i can post them is really small, it goes past my per post limit even with one normal photo from that camera.

Jack

• 2 weeks later...