Hawkesbury Fog

The Iceman

very nasty fog in the hawkey, got caught out in berowra with my brother one year and boy was it disorientating.

great pic.

We got waved down on Sunday by a guy who'd gotten lost and disoriented in the fog in Cowan. He'd stopped and anchored a few hours earlier and thought he was in Pittwater.

Nice pic Andrew. should have seen it from in the Fog. It was eerie with a strange blue hue to the light filtering through.

Cheers, Greg

We got waved down on Sunday by a guy who'd gotten lost and disoriented in the fog in Cowan. He'd stopped and anchored a few hours earlier and thought he was in Pittwater.

Nice pic Andrew. should have seen it from in the Fog. It was eerie with a strange blue hue to the light filtering through.

Cheers, Greg

We did go into the fog a bit later going up to Cowan but it was starting to lift and we could see a little bit

It was a bit eerie

Was this taken on Sunday? We left Coal and Candle at 6am in the dark/fog and it really is zero visibility. Plenty of breamers out fishing the rock walls with their nav/anchor lights on - guys can I just say the lights really dont help in a fog like that. They become visible at the same time as the hull of the boat. I know there is not much else you can do but dont feel safe drifting a channel just because you have an all round white light on.

When we hit Flint and Steel a tunnel of light opened up under the fog with the rising sun and once at Barrenjoey we were in the clear. Sure can feel like Jurassic Park in the Hawkesbury at times.

We head out under guidance of Radar and often end up with a convoy following us out to Flint and Steel/Pittwater :1prop: :-)

I once put the boat in at spencer one night many years ago and travelled down to bar point.

While we were fishing a heavy fog settled in and the only way we could get back was to keep the right hand shoreline close enough to us that it could be picked up in the torchlight and basically idle all the way back to spencer. When we finally got to where the river breaks off and goes up into mangrove creek we had to estimate where the opposite shore was and run the gauntlet blind - very scary! I it took us about 3hrs from memory , The longest 3hours of my life, never again!!

Pete.

Oooooh!! rolling in thick & fast!! Seen them like that on bass/barra dams in QLd! WOuldn't like to get lost in them, tho!

Nice pic, Andrew

Hope you did well in the tournie :)

Roberta

I remember when I was a young bloke we were over on Ocean Beach and saw this great Sea fog roll into Pittwater, blotting out Lion Island then moving up the Hawkesbury. We jumped into our cars and drove over to Patonga. What a eerie site it was.

This was a day time occurrence and the photo of the fog you took looked the same.

Great photo.

Oooooh!! rolling in thick & fast!! Seen them like that on bass/barra dams in QLd! WOuldn't like to get lost in them, tho!

Nice pic, Andrew

Hope you did well in the tournie :)

Roberta

Didnt do too well weighed 3 bream for 1.84kg including a 1kg bream

Was one of those days where we had 6 bream spit the lure out just out of reach of the net

Now thinking of fishing with stinger hooks

Funny part was I had just finished telling Dave that I always hook or land a jewy in Hawkes bream tournies when first cast of the day I get smoked by a decent jew on a mooring line

Shame Andrew - well done on the 1kg bream tho! :)

.....Didnt do too well weighed 3 bream for 1.84kg including a 1kg bream..... I wouldn't mind bream like that tho! :)

Dizzy Borg got a bag of 3.7kg yesterday plus biggest bream at 1.3kg+

Today he got one fish! :(

I got a 500g+ bream the other day ..... 2 days after the GF finished! :( :(

Cheerio

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

Shame Andrew - well done on the 1kg bream tho! :)

.....Didnt do too well weighed 3 bream for 1.84kg including a 1kg bream..... I wouldn't mind bream like that tho! :)

Dizzy Borg got a bag of 3.7kg yesterday plus biggest bream at 1.3kg+

Today he got one fish! :(

I got a 500g+ bream the other day ..... 2 days after the GF finished! :( :(

Cheerio

Roberta

Well done Roberta bet you were happy with that lot, was up their for the end

of it Sunday -Monday was a great day wife enjoyed every minute shame didnt know

was on any sooner went up just to visit a mate

cheers