Vhf Radio Course

bullfrog

sorry guys, im out, i have booked the course for next weekend with the sydney coastal patrol, since this opportunity has come up before a course date was set here.. :( sorry.

No problems nsaykali - good luck with it. I already have mine :1prop: and just offer it here for our members.

If I dont get enough takers then we don't do it.

Keep watching this space guys AND gals!

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Do you have to do the course to sit the exam or can you study the handbook and just sit an exam?

I was just wondering as I can't envisage the course would be too arduous. I qualified as a radio operator when I was in the Army years ago, so I am pretty confident I could pass from just studying the handbook.

Cheers

Rob

• 4 weeks later...

OK I shall organise it

I have 2 dates in mind and will see if venue and invigilators are available. You will need one whole Sat and then the next Sat for about 3 hours max for exam.

Watch this space.

These are raiders that have shown interest so far

yarraone

Sunnyboy1

szakacs

samcat

Tuffy

GregL

abuman

selous

evopete

deadwood doyen

Yabbiehunter

mrsswordfisherman

OK I shall organise it

I have 2 dates in mind and will see if venue and invigilators are available. You will need one whole Sat and then the next Sat for about 3 hours max for exam.

Watch this space.

yarraone

Sunnyboy1

szakacs

samcat

Tuffy

GregL

abuman

selous

evopete

deadwood doyen

mrsswordfisherman

im in 2............ just got my vhf so i need to do it.........name the time place and cost

cheers

OK I shall organise it

Watch this space.

yarraone

Sunnyboy1

szakacs

samcat

Tuffy

GregL

abuman

selous

evopete

deadwood doyen

Yabbiehunter

mrsswordfisherman

Dates are looking like Sat 27th June (full day) and Sat 4th July (2 - 4 hrs)

Keep those tentative dates free. The invigilators are booked for those dates, venue to be confirmed.

Dates are looking like Sat 27th June (full day) and Sat 4th July (2 - 4 hrs)

Keep those tentative dates free. The invigilators are booked for those dates, venue to be confirmed.

Done

let us know where and we are they

why cant it be sat/sun?? why the delay between dates

cheers....

Also Cost??

Edited by Yabbiehunter

Done

cheers....

Also Cost??

Yep sounds great to me stewie, just need to know where and how much $ with a bit of notice if possible...thanks

Done

cheers....

Also Cost??

Gee I can't please everyone can I! This course is quite demanding - you spend a full day doing the theory. You need time to process that information ie: read and study.

The exam is only a few hours (quicker if you have studied and know your stuff). Those that have done it will tell you the same. Read the link below.

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=33414

When I confirm the venue and cost it I will let you know. I have to cost the hire of the venue into the fee and it will depend on how many students are attending. Please add your names here if interested.

mrsswordfisherman

Personal messages have been sent to bullfrog, ETTY, yarraone, Sunnyboy1, payatz, szakacs, Samcat, Tuffy, GregL, abuman, selous, evopete, Yabbiehunter, toxicfish, deadwood doyen.

If anyone else is interested make it known now by posting here AND sending me a personal message.

mrsswordfisherman

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks ryan pm sent

mrsswordfisherman

ryan answer your pm please

mrsswordfisherman

I have also pulled out my old 27m and installed the VHF.

Happy to be in on the course. Good opportunity to meet with a few members as well.

Count me in and advise the time and place.

Thanks

Rob

Rob answer your pm please

mrsswordfisherman

im in 2............ just got my vhf so i need to do it.........name the time place and cost

cheers

answer your pm please

Unfortunately I missed out on the last couple of Fishraider courses but really need to get my VHF license.

I came across this online course from a boating magazine (Qld based), so I am wondering if the course & certificate is only valid for Queensland.

http://www.vhfradioonline.com/

Is the MROVCP valid throughout Australia?. If so, at a course cost of $29 & exam fees of around $50, this seems quite reasonable. The added bonus is that study can be spread over a few weeks or even months if there are severe time constraints to study.

Has anyone done this online course?, if so, were you happy with it?

Thanks in advance.

Just a note on this online course. This is for vhf only. The course fishraiders are attending next week is the FULL MROCP licence which covers both the MROVCP and MROCP licences. All fishraiders who have attended have passed (over 50 people). Online courses are a great idea and help people to access education. Cost is reasonable although there may be an extra on top for the invigilator. You need to do the exam in the presence of the registered invigilator and some charge a fee for that.

Cheers and good luck with it all

mrsswordfisherman