Squid In Pittwater

Tony Soprano

Hi guys

Fished a favourite wharf in Pittwater on saturday arvo for a couple of hours.

I haven't got out to fish in months cause I've been so busy with work so it was nice to be back near the water...

Quite a few squid around but they were very shy and were snubbing their noses at the 6 or 7 different jigs I threw at them..

Dropped a couple that hit the side of the jig before landing this nice one on a 2.0 yamashita....

dsc00966r.jpg

My mate caught a throwback fanbelly jacket and the guys next to us pulled this solid bream, other than that very quiet on the fish front...

dsc00963rtt.jpg

Anyway it was an awesome evening to be out in the fresh air and another decent bait in the freezer!

Cheers

Tony

Edited by Tony Soprano

and i suppose you lost my number maaaaate :1badmood: ..

only kidding :074: ... i was busy giving the :wife: car a full monte service for easter trip up coast...

nice squiddie,havent had the time to get down there for a while..

did you try a spiked fish,ive had alot of success when they are like that.....

give me a buzz next...

cheers...steve.....

Nice work,

Been hitting that wharf in the photo a bit lately for some success. I was out on Saturday evening too when that jet left its vapour trail. It was awesome. We saw 2 huge sea eagles perched above the water as well. Top night to be on the water.

Cheers

Steve I did think of you but it was only a short session so didn't bother calling..

We should catch up soon though mate, it's been a while.

I didn't take the fish spike on this occasion but I think that definitely could've made the difference, will have to remember to take one next time.

and i suppose you lost my number maaaaate :1badmood: ..

only kidding :074: ... i was busy giving the :wife: car a full monte service for easter trip up coast...

nice squiddie,havent had the time to get down there for a while..

did you try a spiked fish,ive had alot of success when they are like that.....

give me a buzz next...

cheers...steve.....

Steve the spiked fish jig could be the way to liven up the squid alright, if Tony adds a couple of hooks to the fish he might even jag a big jew under the chin :yahoo: .. Now that I've got you Tony if you would have kept that squid for me it would have come to only seven and a half squid you owe from last year :D .... The dreaded or should I say dreadfull trio of the three of us will strike up there again and we'll see a more shocking effort in the near future I'm sure, but we haven't got an emicon to suit :lol:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Steve the spiked fish jig could be the way to liven up the squid alright, if Tony adds a couple of hooks to the fish he might even jag a big jew under the chin :yahoo: .. Now that I've got you Tony if you would have kept that squid for me it would have come to only seven and a half squid you owe from last year :D .... The dreaded or should I say dreadfull trio of the three of us will strike up there again and we'll see a more shocking effort in the near future I'm sure, but we haven't got an emicon to suit :lol:

Cheers

i was out squidding that day too, in apple tree bay, not a thing! just a green leatherjacket and a rat. that vapourtrail was pretty noticeable wasnt it?

:lol:

Ahhh Byron you're a crack-up mate!

Would be great to have another session with you blokes in the near future...I really enjoyed the cold I caught last time :1prop:

Richard - Yeh mate there was a vapour trail quite close to the horizon when I got there and then watched the jet go over a bit later and leave the massive one through the middle of the sky..it stayed there for ages too....Cool stuff.

Cheers

Tony

nice squid!

........you wouldn't mind sharing this favourite wharf with a newbie fisherman would you :( ?

No worries tac86 cast 2-3.0 squid jigs off the shore into the sandy weed bed area in between the public ferry wharf and the long narrow timber jetty next to it and you'll be fishing in a good squid spot.

Cheers

Pukunui- it's a great spot... I love fishing there, thanks for your comments about the photos!

Byron- close mate but it's not actually that wharf it's another one a bit further up river.

Guys I have had a lot of people asking me to name the spot, I hope you can understand I'd rather not broadcast it over the internet as these kind of spots tend to cop a hammering as it is.

The same advice I give everyone is you don't need to know the specific spot, just look for sandy areas interspersed with patches of kelp or seagrass and fish the run-in tide up to the top.

There are literally thousands of possible places to get squid, especially in Pittwater, you just need to put in the time and effort to find the areas yourselves!

Cheers

Tony

:1fishing1:

Edited by Tony Soprano

A word of caution....

Fishraider is a community that aims to help people share information and have fun. Every member has the right to be able to voice opinions as long as they are done within the rules of Fishraider, with respect for other members and of course within the law. This includes members having every right to ask or guess where reports come from.

If you want to keep spots to yourself that is entirely your choice... most of us do have a couple of places of our 'own'... but personally I think very highly of people willing to share, at least in general, to help less experienced members.

If you don't want people to know where you caught your fish DO NOT DELETE BACKGROUNDS OR PHOTO ELEMENTS. It looks awful, makes the report look awful, makes the site look awful and unfriendly and posts containing them will be deleted as has been previously stated by Admin. Instead, make sure you take your shots without identifiable land marks.

And under no circumstances is it acceptable to be insulting about anyone for having a stab at where you caught the fish... or any other reason

READ THE SITE RULES PEOPLE

RULE #1 No abusive or threatening posts or private messages

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=17005

I have deleted several posts in this thread and taken further action.

Cheers, Slinky

I don't recall insulting or abusing anyone.

Lesson learnt :)

Glad to hear that Tony!

Slinky has stated it clearly and simply and I will add that if a member does not want to share information and experiences with members of our community then DON'T BOTHER POSTING AT ALL.

There are plenty of other fishing sites that one can go brag and post useless info.

mrsswordfisherman