Easter Camping Holiday At Crescent Head..

Ray R

G’day Raiders, well I’m back now from another fantastic camping holiday up at beautiful Delicate Camping Reserve, the weather was a bit sour on a couple of occasions but generally it was good, the usual group of family and friends were there (61 this time) and we all had a great time, this was my 28th Easter / school hols up there.

Hutcho and his family were there as well and he and I had quite a few fishing sessions on the beaches and around the northern headland (Racecourse), the fishing was a bit tough at times but we still managed some nice fish.

We generally went early morning and late arvo armed with nice beach worms, Hutcho was really working hard for the worms but he did pull nice bags of them in certain areas, if he couldn’t get them the servo in at Crescent Head has them most times, the gutters were scarce but a beach walk usually found us in a nice area for fish.so we wormed up and found some nice whiting and bream , not a big amount of them but enough to keep us happy,in amongst the quality fish were heaps of pesky darts and some little flathead but during our 1 hour early morning or arvo sorties we generally got a few nice quality bream and whiting, I even caught a Luderick he was big and I thought it was a mother of a bream.

As for the evening Jewie hunts, well that was a bit of a failure mainly due to 40 people around a campfire me sipping on Kilkenny cream and a bit of relaxing generally enjoying the company of all there, I did go down to the beach one night armed with some heavy artillery and a whole whiting, but after it was out there for an hour I wound it in,ran up the track back to camp and into the Kilkenny.

Apart from the fishing there were huge cricket games, surfing and other things to keep us occupied during our stay at this lovely place.

As usual I took a million pics so I have sorted through them and picked out a few for this post..

Anyway that's it, a very concise essay of the camp trip up at Delicate.

Enjoy the pics.

Cheers..

MY CAMP

post-3371-1239876017_thumb.jpg

BREAM & WHITING

post-3371-1239876051_thumb.jpg

HUTCHO'S CAMP

post-3371-1239876080_thumb.jpg

NICE BREAM

post-3371-1239876148_thumb.jpg

DELICATE NOBBY

post-3371-1239876114_thumb.jpg

ME AND MR BREAM

post-3371-1239876185_thumb.jpg

DOUBLE CATCH

post-3371-1239876217_thumb.jpg

SOME MORE WHITING

post-3371-1239876244_thumb.jpg

BIG BLACKFISH AND WHITING

post-3371-1239876292_thumb.jpg

HUTCHO WORM COLLECTING

post-3371-1239876330_thumb.jpg

Well done Ray & Hutcho! 61 People!! Holy Moly!! Some towns in NSW have less people!! :074: You were never alone! :1yikes:

Glad you got into some good fish - shame the jewies didn't come out to play tho! :( No harm in trying, eh?

Neat looking camps, too!!! Were those pics taken at the beginning or end? Beginning, methinks! ;)

Well done on gettin the nice blackie, too! :) Great pics of all the fish.

No doubt you'll be glad to be back in your own comfy beds! :biggrin2:

Cheerio

Roberta

G'day Gents,

how good are those camp set ups! Ray I'm pleased to see that you have not one but two esky's in your camp and a :beersmile: on the table already. Hutch, what's doin with the coffee cup on hols?

They are just a better looking quality of fish from the ocean rocks and beach, they look like really fresh clean whiting and bream. Glad to see you have the side cast there Hutch, can't beatem on the sand.

Sounds and looks like a great trip was had, well done. And to put up with 61 of your rellos there too, phew :1prop:

Cheers,

Brian.

Hutch get onto Chappo about the next big fish event.

Hey Mondo,

Nice post mate you've done it again and captured our trip nicely. Thanks for another great holiday and our 28th year in a row. I think it is pretty amaziing that the 61 has grown from a group of teenagers who have stuck together through thick and thin and bred like rabbits. It is also fantastic that the new generation of P platers are still keen to come up with us.

Till next year and the capture of the elusive jew and cobe. Now it's time to prepare the boat for some local action and hunt down some bream.

Regards, Hutcho

:thumbup:

G’day Raiders, well I’m back now from another fantastic camping holiday up at beautiful Delicate Camping Reserve, the weather was a bit sour on a couple of occasions but generally it was good, the usual group of family and friends were there (61 this time) and we all had a great time, this was my 28th Easter / school hols up there.

Hutcho and his family were there as well and he and I had quite a few fishing sessions on the beaches and around the northern headland (Racecourse), the fishing was a bit tough at times but we still managed some nice fish.

We generally went early morning and late arvo armed with nice beach worms, Hutcho was really working hard for the worms but he did pull nice bags of them in certain areas, if he couldn’t get them the servo in at Crescent Head has them most times, the gutters were scarce but a beach walk usually found us in a nice area for fish.so we wormed up and found some nice whiting and bream , not a big amount of them but enough to keep us happy,in amongst the quality fish were heaps of pesky darts and some little flathead but during our 1 hour early morning or arvo sorties we generally got a few nice quality bream and whiting, I even caught a Luderick he was big and I thought it was a mother of a bream.

As for the evening Jewie hunts, well that was a bit of a failure mainly due to 40 people around a campfire me sipping on Kilkenny cream and a bit of relaxing generally enjoying the company of all there, I did go down to the beach one night armed with some heavy artillery and a whole whiting, but after it was out there for an hour I wound it in,ran up the track back to camp and into the Kilkenny.

Apart from the fishing there were huge cricket games, surfing and other things to keep us occupied during our stay at this lovely place.

As usual I took a million pics so I have sorted through them and picked out a few for this post..

Anyway that's it, a very concise essay of the camp trip up at Delicate.

Enjoy the pics.

Cheers..

MY CAMP

post-3371-1239876017_thumb.jpg

BREAM & WHITING

post-3371-1239876051_thumb.jpg

HUTCHO'S CAMP

post-3371-1239876080_thumb.jpg

NICE BREAM

post-3371-1239876148_thumb.jpg

DELICATE NOBBY

post-3371-1239876114_thumb.jpg

ME AND MR BREAM

post-3371-1239876185_thumb.jpg

DOUBLE CATCH

post-3371-1239876217_thumb.jpg

SOME MORE WHITING

post-3371-1239876244_thumb.jpg

BIG BLACKFISH AND WHITING

post-3371-1239876292_thumb.jpg

HUTCHO WORM COLLECTING

post-3371-1239876330_thumb.jpg

Fantastic setup mate :thumbup: Just like home away from home

Hey Ray, how big is that tarp?

G'day Lasy, the tarp is a 12' x 24' heavy Sportiva, had it for about 6 or so years now, great tarp , never failed and if put up correctly will withstand a battering as I have experienced..

Cheers..

post-3371-1239957961_thumb.jpg

Great set up Ray. Well organised and comfortable, with multiple eskies within easy reach! :thumbup:

Nice to see Karen having a fish, and you're still donging the mighty flatties. :074:

Great fish, sensatonal photos ... a great time had by all! :thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers

Ian

Choice set up and a pretty nice piece if coast to boot, fish are a bonus (a tasty bonus though).

Cheers

Marlin

Top report looks like a great holiday spot, you have the camping side sorted out by the looks of it as well!

keep it up.

:thumbup: wow beautiful place to go camping :thumbup: Nice fish you got there too

Hi Ray thanks for the message yes it does look like you like sleeping under the stars as long as theres 5 of them.I managed a trip to the Broadwater on the yak Easter Sun & picked up a nice Bream. My brother in law on the other hand went to a dam near Lithgow & picked up 3 absolutelly lovelly Rainbows one of which I smoked (superb). Talk soon Yaka.

Hi Ray thanks for the message yes it does look like you like sleeping under the stars as long as theres 5 of them.I managed a trip to the Broadwater on the yak Easter Sun & picked up a nice Bream. My brother in law on the other hand went to a dam near Lithgow & picked up 3 absolutelly lovelly Rainbows one of which I smoked (superb). Talk soon Yaka.

great looking set up mate looks much like when i go camping not a bad looking feed either