Where To Fish

datzlr

hey guys a few mates and i have trying to look for a decent spot to fish , we've been going watsons bay for a few times now and been going home empty handed

so if u guys know somewhere , and location please let us know

were looking to get jewies , tailors , bream or whatever we can i guess

what we need is

LOCATION OF EXACT PLACE

BAIT TO USE THERE

EQUIPMENT TO USE THERE

hope to hear from someone soon as we might go out there today

Hi, many people will not be so keen to list exact spots but what i found helpful when i got into the sport was reading posts to find which spots were going well..try looking at pictures for ideas etc.

In the Harbour the obvious spots are Clifton Gardens, Sow and Pigs, sometimes Chowder Head or many of the markers and moorings in middle harbour..the yellow marker at old mans hat is popular for kings etc but not at night. Obviously no one can promise any location will deliver on any given day but theres a few to consider.

Good luck.

do a drift from inside south head to watsons bay

use prawns and 6lb line for flathead and flownder

this is a bread and butter drift for someone that gets there bait from a servo and fishes all the wrong tides and times :074:

no one will hand you the hot spots that they have worked hard to get start at the above and work it out for your self

gary

hey guys a few mates and i have trying to look for a decent spot to fish , we've been going watsons bay for a few times now and been going home empty handed

so if u guys know somewhere , and location please let us know

were looking to get jewies , tailors , bream or whatever we can i guess

what we need is

LOCATION OF EXACT PLACE

BAIT TO USE THERE

EQUIPMENT TO USE THERE

hope to hear from someone soon as we might go out there today

Bad start dazlr - introduce yourself gently to our community. Do not start by demanding EXACT spots etc

mrsswordfisherman

Bad start dazlr - introduce yourself gently to our community. Do not start by demanding EXACT spots etc

mrsswordfisherman

Wise words Mrsswordfisherman.

As a fellow newbie, I'll try give some advice, please correct me if I'm wrong, fishraiders!

Are you landbased? Cos I am.So all I can give you is landbased spots, and I've only caught stuff on bait fishing. Havent had much luck in SPs or hard bodies.

Bait: I find prawns to generally fit the newbie fisho. They do tend to fall off quite often but have a relatively high strike rate. I've also used pieces of pilchards or cut up squid.

What to take there: A fishing rod & reel! I'm an absolute amateur reading tips/idea/hints from this site so I cant answer this question to any detail. And generally, if a question is asked to members here, they WILL help. Its awesome!

Location: You could try Spit Bridge, Blues Point, Pier 2, Sow & Pigs, Clifton gardens, along the Eastern beaches .... pretty much the list is endless. What you need to look for is somewhere where there is structure where fish can hide. (Experienced Raiders, please help me elaborate on this point!!!)

Just to add to everyones comments.. try searching for techniques in sydney on the web and when you are out watch where other boats (that look like they know what they are doing) are going and what they are doing. Serious fishos will not give out their exact locations and techniques because it spreads around and ruins it for them. You will pick things up quickly just be patient and aware of small things you see on the water like birds etc.

Just to add to everyones comments.. try searching for techniques in sydney on the web and when you are out watch where other boats (that look like they know what they are doing) are going and what they are doing. Serious fishos will not give out their exact locations and techniques because it spreads around and ruins it for them. You will pick things up quickly just be patient and aware of small things you see on the water like birds etc.

hey mate the spit is supposed to be good but ive been there 3 times in the last month and have only taking home 4 squid with not even a bite on the bait rods

Dazlr,

Just to add a bit more inconsistent advice. I am new also to this forum but a long time fisho. The first and only rule for fishing which determines where you go from there is "WHAT DO YOU WANT TO CATCH"

Once you have decided, then you will decide what rigs to use, what bait to use when to fisgh for them.

Learn what the moon and its lunar cycles do and affect fishing feeding and spawning times. Research the fish, there habits and there stomping grounds.

Everyone catch throw a line in the water and hope something nibbles on there 4 year old servo bait but someone that learns the process of what is involved in fishing will only ever catch a fish land based or on a boat.

Fishing is an art, it is an understanding of your marine environment. Or thats what I try to explain to the :wife:

prefertobefishing .... PRECISELY!

you need to know your target. that alone will greatly improve your catch..

and like everything.. it takes time...

we could tell you exact location and bait to use, but I have found that a spot will completely fire one day, and be completely dry the next day, week, month.. you name it... there are many factors involved..

Structure helps.. but tides, moon phase, air pressure, sweel, sunny/overcast can really change how a spot produces.. these things take time, and you can nly learn by spending time doing what we love doing best ... :1fishing1:

AJ