Avoca Rocks This Arvo, Good Session

Ray R

Hi Raiders, work finished early today so I promptly took the opportunity to go for a fish.

Went around the rocks at Avoca , casted out the heavy artillery and waited for the action to begin , while the big rod was set I had a few casts for squid with the lighter gear, well I got one good squid on as the set rod buckles, quickly get the squid in and reel the big rod in to find a big banjo shark on it, so I get him of , re-bait and hoik it out again, and then as soon as I turn my back the big rod is off again, some line was taken by this fish and thought it was a nice bream , well it turns out to be a mini king, very cute , so I snapped him and returned him unharmed.

From this point on nearly every cast caught a fish, I hooked 3 small reddies all around the 28-30cm mark, all went back, a huge salmon he went 66cm don't know what the record is for a salmon but I'd say that it would be close, 2 nice bream that I kept, and 2 smaller models that went back, lotsa action.

So it was an eventful arvo caught lots of fish , got a couple of nice bream for Karen(Mrs) and took some nice pics as well..

Cheers..

post-3371-1240996506_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1240996535_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1240996560_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1240996589_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1240996612_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1240996862_thumb.jpg

That's great way to spend the arvo Ray. Plenty of action, stonka sambo and a feed brought home that keeps the :wife: happy. :thumbup: What more could you want.....maybybe an early mark tomorrow....

That sure is a small king ..... or your foot is as big as a Yeti's :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Cam

G'day, answer to a couple of Q's,

I was using some old salted pieces of Bonito, and some of the tenticles from the squid I caught.

Size 13 rock boot.

One bream already eaten by Karen..

Cheers..

Hi Raiders, work finished early today so I promptly took the opportunity to go for a fish.

Went around the rocks at Avoca , casted out the heavy artillery and waited for the action to begin , while the big rod was set I had a few casts for squid with the lighter gear, well I got one good squid on as the set rod buckles, quickly get the squid in and reel the big rod in to find a big banjo shark on it, so I get him of , re-bait and hoik it out again, and then as soon as I turn my back the big rod is off again, some line was taken by this fish and thought it was a nice bream , well it turns out to be a mini king, very cute , so I snapped him and returned him unharmed.

From this point on nearly every cast caught a fish, I hooked 3 small reddies all around the 28-30cm mark, all went back, a huge salmon he went 66cm don't know what the record is for a salmon but I'd say that it would be close, 2 nice bream that I kept, and 2 smaller models that went back, lotsa action.

So it was an eventful arvo caught lots of fish , got a couple of nice bream for Karen(Mrs) and took some nice pics as well..

Cheers..

post-3371-1240996506_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1240996535_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1240996560_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1240996589_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1240996612_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1240996862_thumb.jpg

Hi Ray R,

Good catch. :)

Could I know where is actual location / address that you fish? Is it very dangerous?

I would be great if you can point it to me via google map.

Thanks.

David

Well done Ray,

Been wanting to fish Avoca all week but have had to work late.

Nice fish though, sounds like a ripper session.

Probably head to the rocks Friday arvo to wet a line.

Keep up the top posts mate, your pics are great.

Peter

Hi Ray R,

Good catch. :)

Could I know where is actual location / address that you fish? Is it very dangerous?

I would be great if you can point it to me via google map.

Thanks.

David

G'day David, it is Avoca Beach on the central coast, the rocks are at the southern end of the beach and I was fishing on the first low platform, and yes like anywhere it can be dangerous it all depends on the swell and its direction, all care should be taken before any form of rock fishing, a good 15 minute observation is a start.

Hope this helps you out David..

Cheers..