Batemans Bay Comp

Hodgey

GDay all

If the weather here was anything to go by then the Bermi comp finally got some good weather for its comp. We have heard a few whispers down here that there were some good fish caught, although no specifics were given. There was a LOT of good lookin' boats coming through town leading up to the event. Did any of the Raiders attend, and if so, how did you go?

Cheers

Hodgey

Edit: Sorry all. As it turns out, the comp was in Batemans Bay .... some of the sponsors were from Bermi :1prop:

Different comp mate. I picked up a brochure from the tackle store last Thurs advertising a big comp on the June long weekend at Bermi. There was something on the radio about it Friday morning but I missed the details :(

Cheers

Hodgey

fished the yellowfin comp down batemans bay ..... weather was ok with a howling norwester sunday .. domanator caught a 70 plus sunday but missed the weighin .. i fished on mad 1 with alex and skipper mick, we managed afew fish with alex catching a 24.5 yf on 10kg plus a 108kg mako on 10kg . we released over 10 yellowfin and albies without tags as the tag bag went missing in transet :05::05:

all in all great comp . congrats to team dominator on the luckyladies great captue ..

Edited by sideshow

fished the yellowfin comp down batemans bay ..... weather was ok with a howling norwester sunday .. domanator caught a 70 plus sunday but missed the weighin .. i fished on mad 1 with alex and skipper mick, we managed afew fish with alex catching a 24.5 yf on 10kg plus a 108kg mako on 10kg . we released over 10 yellowfin and albies without tags as the tag bag went missing in transet :05::05:

all in all great comp . congrats to team dominator on the luckyladies great captue ..

Great day Dave...

Tell Alex he is soft 108kg on 10kg cmon Arman and i would of used that for live bait lol :tease:

Na all good congratulations sounds like a top day ... we didnt manage to turn a reel on saturday ..

congrats dave on you boys taking out two sections

and ONAKING ,what do you mean we didnt turn a reel ,your forgeting that something that ate my bait jig ,that had the reel turning,turned long enough to get to the bottom ,lol,oh and that huge kingfish you caught

cheers arman

Edited by mr magoo

congrats dave on you boys taking out two sections

and ONAKING ,what do you mean we didnt turn a reel ,your forgeting that something that ate my bait jig ,that had the reel turning,turned long enough to get to the bottom ,lol,oh and that huge kingfish you caught

cheers arman

Oh Yeah .. i forgot about that monster that straightened your heavy guage bait jig lol

hi Guys

Fished on Frigate for the comp with captin Stu taking out heviest YFT at 30.5 on saturday.

We had a great comp with 3 fin from 25 to 30kgs boated and 4 good fish lost on 10 and 8kg line 2 of wick were after more than an hr fight which was dissapointing.

The Cube was definately more productive than the troll.

The sunday saw us fish the same spot as the previouse day but with out sight of a fin we managed a good mako of 200 + kg in the last hr of fishing so we had to through it a 37kg outfit so to be asured we could boat it in time... 45 mins lated the gaffs were in and all hell broke loose the mako was green as and not a happy camper..........

the bugger eventually rolled several time to dislodge the gaffs and striped the 400pound leader back to nothing and he was gone . But thats fishing...

was a great comp and a good result for us finally weighing some decent fish in our home comp.

good turn out and a well ran comp by the BBGFC and commity Thanks to all and we will see you all next yr

Regards

Bayley

• 2 weeks later...