Any Tuna Reports?

fishmaniac

Hey all,

Due to work, we were unable to head out this weekend in what were some great conditions given what has been experienced of late.

After speaking to the guys at the local tackle store, I was informed that 'there were a lot of pilles been thrown in today'.

Has any one had any success themselves or know of many reliable reports out of Sydney?

The SST charts are showing some abnormaly warm water for this time or year (well at least compared to what it was this time last year).

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by fishmaniac

Hey all,

Due to work, we were unable to head out this weekend in what were some great conditions given what has been experienced of late.

After speaking to the guys at the local tackle store, I was informed that 'there were a lot of pilles been thrown in today'.

Has any one had any success themselves or know of many reliable reports out of Sydney?

The SST charts are showing some abnormaly warm water for this time or year (well at least compared to what it was this time last year).

Cheers,

Andrew

i heard of a few boys getting onto the fin in the arvo out of sydney on the cube mate. i would assume browns.

Did hear of Sydney boat 'Ambition' getting five fin' to 30kgs on the cube north east of Browns. Also another

Sydney boat (not sure of name) also had a 'double hook-up' at same location.

Unconfimed report of a 50kg plus fin' boated at Browns.

Botany Bay G.F.C. boat 'Marquis' went to the southern canyons.Found a heap of bait,no fin'.

Just a feisty Blue Shark about 120kgs,which they released.

Did hear of Sydney boat 'Ambition' getting five fin' to 30kgs on the cube north east of Browns. Also another

Botany Bay G.F.C. boat 'Marquis' went to the southern canyons.Found a heap of bait,no fin'.

Billfisher cubed near Browns until 5pm with the Raiders but no tuna was the result. It is very much a miss and hit affair at the moment "Somedays are diamonds somedays stone".On Broadbill I have taken our crews to the southern grounds and had great catches of snapper to 3.5kg, bonito,mowies pig fish and big striped tuna.

The three days fishing have been most enjoyable by captain and crews. Sometimes the simple things are the best

Roscoe

Billfisher cubed near Browns until 5pm with the Raiders but no tuna was the result. It is very much a miss and hit affair at the moment "Somedays are diamonds somedays stone".On Broadbill I have taken our crews to the southern grounds and had great catches of snapper to 3.5kg, bonito,mowies pig fish and big striped tuna.

The three days fishing have been most enjoyable by captain and crews. Sometimes the simple things are the best

Roscoe

Hi all,

We fished 8 miles east of Browns yesterday on a mark in 700 fathoms from the Remko charts for zeros.

We came back to Browns at 4 pm and the wind calmed, the current had dropped and we had perfect conditions to finish the day - except for fish.

The run back to Port Hacking on dark was great, the seas had dropped and we were back in the river inside an hour.

Other commitments mean I won't fish again until 2nd week of July, I hope they are still around then.

Bruce.

Hi Guys,

Fished same area yesterday and then out to 650 fathoms. Conditions were not great and the current very strong this week!!!!! The temp was warmer at 21.5 degrees mmmmmmmmmmmmm !

We hooked one good fish on the troll , but lost it soon after. Did not turn a reel for the rest of the day. Several fish were seen 45nm south around the long liners.... What a surprise!

reelmagic

Guest Big-Banana

A good mate of mine felt the need to rub it in after they nailed two 30kg fish off Stanny Canyons yesterday... :wife:

I can confirm 50kg+ fin caught on Makaira. 65.3kg on 24kg. 5nm's SE of Browns with a cube trail started 3nm's NE of Browns.

3626092089_ea0eb2473a.jpg

3626092085_ba167a2ebf.jpg

Guest Big-Banana

I can confirm 50kg+ fin caught on Makaira. 65.3kg on 24kg. 5nm's SE of Browns with a cube trail started 3nm's NE of Browns.

3626092089_ea0eb2473a.jpg

3626092085_ba167a2ebf.jpg

Well done boys, an absolute cracker :thumbup::thumbup:

Roscoe

Ross we may not have landed any fin but we all had a great day regardless...

fishing success should not be measured by what fish you actually catch but by the good time had by all..

getting into some fin woulda really made for a great trip but unfortunately the fishing gods didnt shine on us and wasnt our day..

we were pretty close to Ambition who had a school of nice fin in there trail but others were even closer and didnt lose a bait..

thats fishing..

lots of boats out that day and only a handfull got lucky but were all nice fish...

thx to all aboard Billfisher ,i had a good day out and look foreward to my next adventure out wide...

well done on getting a good feed of fish for the punters Ross..

smiles on dials is what its all about and those reddies woulda kept alot of tummies happy as well :biggrin2:

well done Nick & Team Makaira thats a great fish guys :thumbup: , think i heard you guys on radio say it was as big as someone.we were joking about was it a midget,mascot pet or something :1yikes: look at the sickles on that sucker. :clapping: .

cheers...steve....

Edited by roosterman

hotbite,

We went 5/5/5 on Ambition on Sunday, five on board and every one got a 30ish fin. There were two double hook ups that kept us on our toes. The Kingy two step is nothing compared to the Tuna Tango :biggrin2:

We kept three as it was enough food for every one and released two.

Once we realised we were onto a hot bite we invited other club boats into our trail. Albatross11 was first on the scene and was into them straight away and yes other boats close by went zeros.

One of the fish had been tagged previously and we are all keen to hear what the DPI records say.. I feel really privileged to have caught a fish with a tag in it and to be able to help the tagging program :thumbup:

Well done Steve and the rest of the lads on Makaira, awesome fish! That is a great way to open the account for the Winter Point score :pokey:

:biggrin2:

Edited by Robbielites

One of the fish had been tagged previously and we are all keen to hear what the DPI records say.. I feel really privileged to have caught a fish with a tag in it and to be able to help the tagging program :thumbup:

Well the DPI have been really good, I was not expecting to hear a word for a few weeks but they had info for us quicksmart. Those that know better than me are not surprised with the response time at all. :thumbup:

The fish was last caught off Eden in April 08. It was not weighed but an estimated length of 95cm was given.

Apparently that would place it around the 10Kg mark, so it has put on nearly 20Kgs in a little over a year.

Interesting stuff.

:D

Edited by Robbielites

Well done Robbie

Great to get feed back like that eh!

I hope there is still some kinda action around mid to late July for me when I finally get a crack at being out there.