Botany Bay 23/08

deano2233

Hello Raiders,

i decided to hit the water on sunday seeing as it was such a wonderfull day with my old lady. we were doing a little drift and i was throwing aroung some squidgey soft plastics (poddy mullet 5cm) and on our first drift i pulled up this monster which was the highlight of the day. now this has been my first winter fishing and i havent caught a decent fish since autumn so what a way to break the drought. :thumbup::yahoo: i am also quite pleased because i wanted a good fish to show on my small milestone of 100posts. :thumbup:

post-10567-1251156993_thumb.jpg

a quick measure had him at just over 65cm, and he was fat felt like about 3kg?? :1yikes: i let this beast go to fight another day.

i am hoping that she rears her head again for the back to the bay social maybe with a bit more size to her.

after this we caught a few smaller flatties and mum pulled in her first legal one (42cm) since she has been fishing again (used to be a oldschool fisherwoman) and she was quite happy and we ended up having the best day on the water for a long time but we called it quits after about 3 hours since none of the fish could compare to the first flatty of the day, they seemed small. :074:

Cheers Deano

That's a great fish, Deano ... well done mate! :yahoo:

Sounds like a nice day spent on the water. Looking forward to a few more reports now that the drought has been broken. Congrats on your 100 post milestone :thumbup:

Cheers

Hodgey

Nice croc mate. How'd she fight? I've only caught 2 (smaller) this winter. One felt like a small patch of weed and the other felt alright for a winter flatty (both same size). The good one came from the bay, and it seems that is what everyone has been saying this winter.

Nice croc mate. How'd she fight? I've only caught 2 (smaller) this winter. One felt like a small patch of weed and the other felt alright for a winter flatty (both same size). The good one came from the bay, and it seems that is what everyone has been saying this winter.

she fought pretty well, it was hard getting her off the bottom and she made a fair bend in the rod just from the weight alone i knew i was on to largish flatty. but when my mum caught the 40cm model she thought she just had a bit of a snag untill i told her that sea weed doesnt usually have headshakes. :1prop:

well done Deano! Well done - i think my post brought you luck lol

I didn't get to go out over the weekend :mad3:

haha yeah thanks mate. i didnt quite stick to the plan but it worked out very well anyway. you should have been out there it was an absolute beauty of a day, a taste of summer.