Fun Arvo At Avoca

Ray R

Hi Raiders, my phones buzzin' pick up and its Pete on the line, Ray fish at Avoca now,

so I grab some gear and shoot around the rocks. I arrive to see that Pete had caught

2 nice Morwong, I've rarely seen these caught off the rocks, but there they were 2

nice ones. I was rigging up when Pete hooks into another nice fish, this time a Tarwine.

We both have lines set on the bottom now and the action had settled a bit, when in the

distance I spot a big boil 200 meters atleast, it slowly makes its way towards us so we

prepare the spin gear and sure enough its a huge school of salmon.

We cast , retrieve and bang we both hook up, Pete was using his flathead plastic gear,

interesting choice but after dancing around the rocks for 10 mins he finally got the beast

in by this time he's a good 100meters from where he cast, by this I had mine in and returned

and also scored a nice trevally, the school past by and that was it.

We decide to try for some pigs and maybe a groper, I dig around some crevaces and grab

a couple of red crabs, change over the spinner for some 40lb line and a 6/0 hook and I

hoik out a whole crab, I know this was gonna be interesting and sure enough I feel 2 big

thuds and then the brutal pressure of a thumping big groper, all over in 5 seconds, I was

glad that Pete saw it , a very brief demo of the power of these brutes, meanwhile Pete is playing

with some bread baits and he gets his very first drummer, it was only a baby but still a first

and Pete was stoked, a quick pic and he was sent back.

We packed up from the high rock and had a cast down near the slide, I felt a few taps on

my pilchard tail and then a small run, I set the hook and haul in a shovel nose, another pic and

he was sent back.

So that was the arvo, we caught a few different fish today, Pete ended up with a nice bag and it

was a nice way to spend the arvo...

post-3371-1256116406_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1256116439_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1256116457_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1256116479_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1256116503_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1256116525_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1256116545_thumb.jpg

haha what an excellent session. i have to get out for a fish already..

yeah those groper are really something.. i went to the entrance with my mate for a day trip of fishing - i had a baitrunner 6500 spooled with 50lb braid, i had a whole crab on and was going for this big 1+ plus bluey that we'd regularly see in our spot x. safe to say i hooked up with the bastard and he ran so hard that i thought he was going to burn my reel out, and then PING.. line snapped ended in about 5 seconds, good thing too because he felt like he was going to pull me in. couldn't believe it. going back there with 100lb line and wire trace next time. going to land that fish.

Hi Raiders, my phones buzzin' pick up and its Pete on the line, Ray fish at Avoca now,

so I grab some gear and shoot around the rocks. I arrive to see that Pete had caught

2 nice Morwong, I've rarely seen these caught off the rocks, but there they were 2

nice ones. I was rigging up when Pete hooks into another nice fish, this time a Tarwine.

We both have lines set on the bottom now and the action had settled a bit, when in the

distance I spot a big boil 200 meters atleast, it slowly makes its way towards us so we

prepare the spin gear and sure enough its a huge school of salmon.

We cast , retrieve and bang we both hook up, Pete was using his flathead plastic gear,

interesting choice but after dancing around the rocks for 10 mins he finally got the beast

in by this time he's a good 100meters from where he cast, by this I had mine in and returned

and also scored a nice trevally, the school past by and that was it.

We decide to try for some pigs and maybe a groper, I dig around some crevaces and grab

a couple of red crabs, change over the spinner for some 40lb line and a 6/0 hook and I

hoik out a whole crab, I know this was gonna be interesting and sure enough I feel 2 big

thuds and then the brutal pressure of a thumping big groper, all over in 5 seconds, I was

glad that Pete saw it , a very brief demo of the power of these brutes, meanwhile Pete is playing

with some bread baits and he gets his very first drummer, it was only a baby but still a first

and Pete was stoked, a quick pic and he was sent back.

We packed up from the high rock and had a cast down near the slide, I felt a few taps on

my pilchard tail and then a small run, I set the hook and haul in a shovel nose, another pic and

he was sent back.

So that was the arvo, we caught a few different fish today, Pete ended up with a nice bag and it

was a nice way to spend the arvo...

post-3371-1256116406_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1256116439_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1256116457_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1256116479_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1256116503_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1256116525_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1256116545_thumb.jpg

Awseome fish Ray. Sorry I couldn't come out with you I was really dissapointed :thumbdown: Can't wait to get out to your (SPOT X). Maybe. We'll be up at the central coast next weekend so might catch up with you with my dad-His into fishing aswell :biggrin2: Keep fishing :1fishing1:

TOM!!!!!