Avoca Reefs..

Ray R

Hi Raiders, went out this morning with Hutcho and another very good mate of mine

Hamish and his son Jerrin, Hamish has a 5.5 m centre steer Trailcraft.

We put in at Terrigal and motored around and down to Avoca, we pulled up at some

of the close in reefs and found a few bakers and small reds, we then proceeded a bit

further down towards the Winnie area and the sounder went thick with fish, they were

salmon, thousands of them, needless to say we all threw out our platics and all 4 of us

hooked up, these fish were big and took a bit of work getting in as well as dodging

each other, it was a lot of fun with a few new dance steps invented, we managed to grab

some pics in amongst the mayhem.

This was fun but then it got better when I hooked what we first thought to be a nice red but

when this thing accelerated away from the boat Hamish called it for a kingy, I battled the

little fella to the boat and along came 20 of his mates, more mayhem all of us now are

hooked up on small kings, we played with these little fellas for 30 mins or so all of us

scoring about 4 each, boy those little guys pull.

Time for a little rest, then just as we are adjusting or replacing plastics the water shimmys again,

more salmon, more mayhem 4 hook ups having an absolute ball 4 huge grins and a stack of

laughter, we also caught a couple more kings, thanked them for the tussle and all fish were released.

Hamish also scored a couple of nice trevs one was a good size around the 50 cm mark.

Around midday the weather started closing in so we called it a day.

Was a great morning with some great company, heaps of laughter and a really good time,

all fish were released except for one 35cm reddie and a 50 cm trev.

Was good to get home for a hot shower as we got drenched back the boat ramp and give the

old arms a rest as they were stretched today..

Only got a few shots as things were a tad busy on the boat today...

A salmon for me

post-3371-1256444414_thumb.jpg

Avoca cliffs

post-3371-1256444464_thumb.jpg

Hamish with one of his salmon

post-3371-1256444509_thumb.jpg

A little king in the net

post-3371-1256444537_thumb.jpg

Hutcho hooked in

post-3371-1256444565_thumb.jpg

Hutcho's little king

post-3371-1256444612_thumb.jpg

Another for me

post-3371-1256444723_thumb.jpg

Hamish with another brusing salmon

post-3371-1256444813_thumb.jpg

Hundreds of sheerwater birds

post-3371-1256444835_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ray R

Well done again Ray.

Great catch the Sambo's- me and a mate got into them in Botany bay, the biggest went a tad over 70cm and put up the best fight I ever had on 10lb

The Kingies with the Sambo's were hoodlums, we hooked a few and line was screaming off the reels with long battles on light gear, but alas none were landed, lol

Great report Ray - well done to all of you! That pic of the birds in a feeding frenzy is terrific!!

The smaller Salmon smoke up really nicely, too - give it a go one day! :D

Well done on the kingies too - looks like everyone's light gear was seriously tested!!

Cheerio

Roberta

what reel were you useing today ray?

G'day Diver, mate I was using a Daiwa Sol 3000, 12 lb stren glacier blue braid , 16 lb Sunline Fc rock flurocarbon leader, 3/8 ounce 3/0 jighead, squidgie 110mm pacific pearl plastic all on my new Pflueger Supreme 7' 3-6 kg rod..

Great report Ray, sounds like you guys had a ball, and into some nice fish also.

The QUAD hook ups must have been a hoot :yahoo::thumbup: 007

Hey Ray

Awseome fish, wish I was catching them like that :tease:! Just a quick question what lures were you using for those little rats? Anyways great catch awseome pics hope theres more like that to come TOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin2::thumbup::yahoo:

Hey Ray

Awseome fish, wish I was catching them like that :tease:! Just a quick question what lures were you using for those little rats? Anyways great catch awseome pics hope theres more like that to come TOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin2::thumbup::yahoo:

Just plastics Tom, check through the replies you will see I detailed the tackle used..

Hey Mondo,

Nice report and all I can say is, that was fun, but no more bum dances OK. That was just all wrong.

Regards, Hutcho

More bum dances coming this sunday when we go out again.. HeHeHeHe

Edited by Ray R