Syd Harbour 2-11-09

Penguin

Hi everyone,

Took the neighbours son for a fish on the harbour 2day. We set off from Rose bay at 11am.

We fished in Rose bay, Clifton Gardens and one of the Wed cakes.

It was a slow day but we did manage a few keepers in amongst all the undersized Trevs and

Snappers.

At the Wed cake we also came across this little friendly fellow who let us get up close

and give him a pat, he had the softest fur I have ever touched.

post-1664-1257155730_thumb.jpg

post-1664-1257155790_thumb.jpg

My neighbour and future Raider, with some fish.

post-1664-1257155943_thumb.jpg

post-1664-1257155973_thumb.jpg

Lunch tomorrow for two families, all caught on Peeled prawns and live nippers.

post-1664-1257156111_thumb.jpg

Thanks for reading.

hey penguin,

had my boat in at 430am rose bay also, was a touch windy. went to noirth side of pigs reef on the run in, caught plenty of 30cm trevs (peeled prawns and worms) and heaps more under 30cm, kept one which was 33cm. with the wind it was ok with the run in since the north westish wind ddnt really affect us, on the run out it wasnt too good though.

tried to get outta the wind at around 930 around bradley head and my mate scored a 45cm flattie(pilchard bait), after that it was dead, apart from heaps of 25cm snapper (on small squid). the wind pretty much ruined the day for me, and it was there pretty much since i had the boat in.

my first time in syd harbour though and there are plenty of places i am keen to try so i will be back.

cheers for your report mate, can i ask did you see many other people catch much?? the boats around me at the reef didnt get a single thing and was the same at bradleys head. maybe i was lucky?? pretty sure i saw you running around the south side of clarke island around 12ish?? i was in a blue 4.5m brooker side console.

well done on the seal pat as well

mick

I docked at rosebay b4 the sunrise and found it very hard jus to find bait! 1 squid and 2 yakkas after hrs. Tried to DR around north head but the wind and seas were to rough for me so headed back inside with out any luck. Tho i did see a massive pack of salmon feeding at north head but the time i got to them they went missing again. Did abit of bait fishing but jus gettin small pickers all day so it was very slow for me too. I spoke to the cop that was checking ppl at rose bay wharf and he meantion that everyone he spoke to said it was also a slow day.

hey penguin

cheers for your report mate, can i ask did you see many other people catch much?? the boats around me at the reef didnt get a single thing and was the same at bradleys head. maybe i was lucky?? pretty sure i saw you running around the south side of clarke island around 12ish?? i was in a blue 4.5m brooker side console.

well done on the seal pat as well

mick

That was prob me as I went to the marina at Rushcutters bay around mid day to pick up

some gear from a boat berthed there.

I didnt see any other boats around me catch much either and the wind was a

pain most of the day for me as well.

cheers

Edited by penguin

sounds like a good session pel that little seal was there on sunday and he had a few chop marks on his back and in frount off one flipper we rang the zoo and they put us onto nat.parks but the never rang back we hang around for 2 hours but no one showed up

good to see the little fellow is ok cheers gary