Harbour Sun 29th Nov

doug43

Hi all,

Been quite busy of late with the lead up to Christmas and all but i'd put today aside for a day on the water to explore a little of the surface action i'd been seeing recently from the shore.

Launched down in Iron cove.... Anyone know when the ramp down near Gladesville will be open again?

Didn't travel far before we saw the birds doing their thing and we were straight over into them. Trolled down current in that strong westerly around the area the birds had been working and were into some nice choppers on the first run. landing the second fish we noticed some reasonable kings following the hooked fish to the boat and consecutive trolls were showing some pretty serious arches around the bait clouds on the sounder.

About half an hour into the session and on the 5th or so troll my girl friend was holding a rod that hooks up solid and the spools starts whizzing...i'm thinking beauty we've tricked one of those Kings! After a good tussle and a fight not really like a king we were both amazed to see the first colour of silver with that unmistakable purple sheen....... Jew!!!

I've only caught 3 jew in my life and my girlfriend comes out for a casual mid morning Sunday fish and lands a beautiful school jewie on a Killalure Flatzrat whilst trolling for tailor. Unbelievable!

post-7411-1259492878_thumb.jpg

A few photos of a memorable fish later and we let it swim back to the depths.

post-7411-1259493048_thumb.jpg

Stoked we carried on working the area this time with some plastics and crossed fingers in hope of another schoolie. i didn't take long before my girlfriend continued to show me up by landing one of those kings we had seen harrassing the tailor. This fish at 70cms didn't share the sentiments shown to the jew and came home for our dinner along with a couple of kept tailor and a nice flatty taken from the bottom in the same area we had a great feed and a very happy girlfriend.

post-7411-1259493004_thumb.jpg

post-7411-1259493098_thumb.jpg

All this action happened in about a 2 hr period just before lunch on a Sunday in Sydney Harbour. To say i was pleased would be a gross understatement......... If only every days fishing was this easy!

top effort to you & your GF,well done.to get a jew on hardbod trolling during the day doesnt happen very often.[that i know of].then to back it up with a keeper king on plastic is just awsome!!!!!!!!

bet you wont have to drag your GF fishing with you next time mate.LOL. :biggrin2:

CHEERS JOHNNY. :thumbup:

WOW!

Beaut Jewie mate :1prop:

Gotta be happy with a feed like that ...

My missus bring me god luck too

My 10kg Jew was caught with her, as was my PB Red of 58cm from NZ while she was pregnant with our first...

Various charters we have both nailed good fish on Sth Coast, lots of fun when we both can get out

If only she wuld come more often then maybe she wil understand all the hoo-haa and my obsession with fishing for Jewies.

Edited by jewiehaven

great read and awesome pics. jewie on a lure! ur onto something there.

Thanks mate.

I wish i was onto something with the jewie it certainly adds a whole new dimension to trolling for tailor! I'm feeling pretty privileged for it to have happened.

Doug.

Thanks mate.

I wish i was onto something with the jewie it certainly adds a whole new dimension to trolling for tailor! I'm feeling pretty privileged for it to have happened.

Doug.

Great catch mate! Just wondering were you near the Iron Cove bridge when you saw the birds? Anyways great catch and what a day!!!!!!!!! :1fishing1::biggrin2: