Bay Of Islands Nz

Josh88

Hi all,

Got back from our trip to the bay of islands on thursday night and it sure was a great trip, we achieved our goals of catching some good snapper and kings but unfortunately fell an agonising 1cm short of the metre king. We went out on 3 charters during the 6 days we were there all with the same guy, he was an awesome bloke and really knew what he was talking about, speaking to a lot of locals they all agreed he is the guy to go with as quite often the other boats can be a bit "all the gear no idea".

Here are some pictures of our catches, I fished with my brother and step dad whilst there:

post-6719-1263029238_thumb.jpg

post-6719-1263029326_thumb.jpg

post-6719-1263029305_thumb.jpg

He was good enough to even dive down for us and pick up a dozen of the best tasting crayfish you will ever have

post-6719-1263029360_thumb.jpg

These were the biggest kings we got, they ranged between 95-99cm so we were more than happy.

post-6719-1263029897_thumb.jpg

post-6719-1263029539_thumb.jpg

As i said it was a great trip and we're already planning to do it again this time next year.

Cheers

Josh

Edited by Jewhunter

Nice work mate. Kiwi fishing is off the hook when you are with the right guys. I am heading over later in the year, can you let me know the name of the charter operator at the Bay of Islands? Also when you go back consider White Island, southwest of Auckland, appartently the kings there are ridiculous. Take it east mate.

Some good fish there Josh.

I loved the place too, its beautiful. That restaurant at the wharf in Paihia is cool too, some nice kings in the tank.

Glad the charter you choose worked out ok. I went out on one dud one but the last one i told you about made up for it.

Dave