Botany Bay Tournie

The Iceman

Fished a tournie on Botany bay with teammate Neil in his skeeter and 65 other boats

Had three spots I wanted to fish but only ended up fishing one Towra flats

Started out wide in 12ft tossing 3in gulp minnows and 2in gulp shrimp on 1/16th jigheads and as we drifted into about 6ft changed over to jackall chubbies

We caught a steady stream of bream on both methods along with heaps of annoying pike a kingie and a couple of baby reds

Im guessing we caught around 30 bream with some absolute crackers biggest bream caught by Neil went 39cm fork length Our 5 bream bag went from 34cm fork length to the 39cm one

I was a bit surprised at the weighin thinking we had over 4.5kg and the biggest bag sofar was 4.7kg tough to beat but we did weighing in a huge 5.16kg to take out the win which also included equal big bream with another team at 1.26kg

post-62-1264971890_thumb.jpg

Woohooooo!! You guys are on fire!!! That is a brilliant result, Andrew & Neil! Hope you have some more pics of the action to post up, or were you too busy fishing!!! :1prop:

Congratulations on a top win!!!

As the saying goes - NEVER LEAVE FISH TO FIND FISH!!!

Cheerio

Roberta

Do you have a set of digital scales on board to weigh each fish? I find that a longer 'slab' can weigh less than a short fat one!!!

Thanks guys

Roberta I didnt take a camera so no action pics The pic I put up came from Gary Brown but the organisers took some more pics so Im not sure if I can post them here but will find out Neil and I were talking about getting some scales as we had a few fish close to the same size

Greg I havent seen any bigger bags than that from the bay in tournies

cjchen We were doing roughly the same drifts so I like to rotate through SP colours to show the fish something different Colours used were pumpkinseed pearl watermelon and peppered prawn and all colours got fish Only used one chubbie colour my favorite ghost wakasagi

There are also a kayak events run in conjunction with the boats in these tournies for you yak guys that maybe interested

Edited by The Iceman

That's a really impressive bag there Iceman. Congrats on the win.

Was the comp held on Sunday? Was at Woolooware Bay early Sunday morning, the place was looking quiet when all of a sudden bream/bass boats started appearing in quick succession at around 7-7.30am. I was thinking to myself is there a tournament on ?...

Edited by pmak

Good stuff Andrew, awesome bag of fish. All the competitors I heard were happy to see the Iceman come away with the win. The bream were in top condition from the flats, thats probably why you were surprised that they weighed over 5kgs.

Congrats again to you and Neil.

Cheers Dave

Iceman.

You may have been less than 1 click away from where I was but you nailed more fish that a hatfull of outings from me. Congrats on your haul and comp results.

I will just have to continue to read and try things. I've always been a 'bait' person, so I guess I will have to go to the dark side and continue to try/persevere with plastics :ph34r::D

Again, great work.

Edited by Flano