Kingie Duck Finally Broken

dlvbw

Lads (and ladies), happy to report that on Sunday I reached my summer goal and finally hooked and landed my first kingie. WOOHOO.

Having just read the reports about kingies greater than a metre I feel pretty humbled but you have to start somewhere, and my kingie career commenced on Sunday avo in the Harbour. Having had not much luck raising yakkas and no luck with the squid around middle harbour we headed out to north head and started dragging some halco bibbed lures. No luck on the first two passes and then my mate nailed a nice bonito. Pretty quiet after this time so we headed inside the harbour a little to get away from the northerly. We got the lures out again and as we cruised past the first marker my reel start peeling line at a crazy rate. Battled the kingie for about 5 minutes with a couple of very nice runs (up there with the best minutes of my life!!) and then got him to surface. Excellent net work from my mate Sprotty and the king was in the boat and I was hootin and hollering like a maniac. Measured 65cm on the nose so he was kept

Overall not the most productive day fishing I have ever had but definitely one I am going to remember for a long long time. It was also good to know that my late grandfathers Ambassador 6500C reel and Sabre rod combo, handed to me about 25 years ago is still up to the task.

Dinner last night consisted of kingfish sashimi followed by pan fried kingfish with a simple garlic/butter/wine sauce. Very tasty and we still have two more monster steaks in the fridge.

Cheers lads, and well done to all the lads who were catching monster kings on the weekend. Very solid form!!!

Laters

Duncs

PS - Gareth, when are we going fishing again??????????

post-8757-126687804846_thumb.jpg

post-8757-126687806181_thumb.jpg