Just Picked Up My First Boat...

defyet

I just picked up my first boat, its a Haines Hunter V146R - 14.5FT with a 115HP Evinrude. Its in pretty good nick, just needs a bit of a tidy up like new carpet, bimini and get rid of the back to back seats and put in some buckets on swivels so i have more fishing room and a buff (lucky i own a detailing business) and some odd bits here and there fixed but overall shes in good condition and purrs along. :yahoo:

post-12431-126726149901_thumb.jpg

post-12431-126726150897_thumb.jpg

post-12431-126726151753_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I just picked up my first boat, its a Haines Hunter V146R - 14.5FT with a 115HP Evinrude. Its in pretty good nick, just needs a bit of a tidy up like new carpet, bimini and get rid of the back to back seats and put in some buckets on swivels so i have more fishing room and a buff (lucky i own a detailing business) and some odd bits here and there fixed but overall shes in good condition and purrs along. :yahoo:

Hard to get abetter model in that size there a great ride very versatile good luck and catch heaps warnie

Thanks guys, yeah we took her for a spin today and it went very well, room is the only problem if theres more then 2 people fishing but some swivel buckets should fix the problem, and it was the best i found within my price range so its a great first boat. Now i just gotta start catching more fish then the misses - i dont know how she does it. :ranting2:

• 12 years later...

I can’t believe that I found this post. I bought this boat a few months ago (2022) from a young couple in Hunters Hill. It’s my second boat (my first was a medium sized tinnie that I restored with my grandpa before he passed) which has been invaluable experience that I’ve used to take care of ‘Good Thing’. I’ve been looking after her and have put a lot of work in to getting her back up to speed but she’s been treating me well. I’m not sure if you’re gonna be able to see this but I’d love to get into contact with you even if it’s just for a few stories you could be able to share because it looks like she meant a lot to you. I don’t know if you can shoot me a message on here or even leave a comment underneath this one but if there’s any way that would be absolutely awesome.

Cheers, Max.

(attached is a photo of her not long after buying)

ED6DC122-DF0E-445C-97B4-A41118B5BC4B.jpeg

• Like 5

On 12/13/2022 at 1:21 AM, maxg2004 said:

I can’t believe that I found this post. I bought this boat a few months ago (2022) from a young couple in Hunters Hill. It’s my second boat (my first was a medium sized tinnie that I restored with my grandpa before he passed) which has been invaluable experience that I’ve used to take care of ‘Good Thing’. I’ve been looking after her and have put a lot of work in to getting her back up to speed but she’s been treating me well. I’m not sure if you’re gonna be able to see this but I’d love to get into contact with you even if it’s just for a few stories you could be able to share because it looks like she meant a lot to you. I don’t know if you can shoot me a message on here or even leave a comment underneath this one but if there’s any way that would be absolutely awesome.

Cheers, Max.

(attached is a photo of her not long after buying)

ED6DC122-DF0E-445C-97B4-A41118B5BC4B.jpeg

@maxg2004 I have attempted to locate this member who has not been here since 2012. 
I will pass on any info I get if he allows it :) 

Standby ..........

• Like 1