Ep Madness

Hodgey

G'Day all

A quick report to summarise this morning's session :biggrin2: Hit the water at 8am in search of EP's. I shared the morning with my mate NIck, who had bought his fly rod along 'just in case'. We fished the Tuross River from the turn of the tide and the run out. First stop was my 'can't miss tree' and true to form, it produced a couple of EP's :thumbup: This is a fairly heavily timbered spot so we both opted for SX40s rather than the blades. The EP's were very specific in their choice of location. They never occupied stretches of bank, only specific snags.

They were out in good numbers today, and although they were all pretty small, they provided plenty of entertainment.

post-3198-127208630762_thumb.jpg

We headed further up the river and found a snag that was holding them in nursery sizes and numbers :1yikes: Nick whipped out the wand and caught Ep's at nearly a fish a cast for a dozen casts. Not being exposed to a lot of fly fishing, I particularly enjoyed this part of the morning.

post-3198-127208650362_thumb.jpg

We both changed to blades (in my new favourite color, Stewy ;) ) and the EP's climbed all over them

post-3198-127208658116_thumb.jpg

post-3198-127208661394_thumb.jpg

My last fish for the day had me hopeful of a better sized EP, but it turned out to be the only bream for the day

post-3198-127208670297_thumb.jpg

When casting blades into this sort of country, it's always with the anticipation of never seeing it again :biggrin2:

post-3198-127208680261_thumb.jpg

post-3198-127208682199_thumb.jpg

Today was a real 'kindergarden' session. We landed 40 EP's, 4 tailor approx 12cm, and one flattie roughly 30cm. Olive fuzzle bugger, TT blades, SX40's and Zaz Zappas accounted for the fish today. We both had a blast! I wonder what Monday will hold ....

Have a great weekend, Raiders

Hodgey

Hodgey what an excellent day :thumbup: and a great report. I thought I was doing well catching a couple of them this early in the season, but you have certainly set the standard :1yikes: . They are great fun to catch regardless of their size - well done mate.

Try as I might, I can't think of anything insulting to say about that session mate. What a blinder and a great way to spend time on the water with a mate. You're a brave man throwing lures armed with trebles into that sort of timber!! :dwarf:

Great report mate... keep 'em coming.

Cheers, Slinky

Thank you for the feedback fellas. There is something a bit special about these fish I reckon. A session on these buggers is a real buzz. Here's hoping the bigger ones put in an appearance soon!

Hodgey, that's awesome. 40 EP's in a session. Especially that they fight in any size. That's brilliant stuff. What weight line were you using to pull them out of those snags?

Cheers bassboy

I had two outfits today mate. Both were 1-3kg rods and 2000 SOLs. One was rigged with 2lb braid and 4lb fluro, and the 'heavy outfit' was 4lb braid and 6lb fluro. Most of the fish fell to the light outfit :biggrin2:

Nice going Hodgey EPs should really be coming on the chew

But Im going to need you to find some bream hideouts for me before august :biggrin2:

Looks like I will be down there for an SSBS bream tournie in august :1yikes:

I will see what I can organise for ya mate ;) Look forward to catching up with you again when you come down

Well done, Hodgey on the EP Madness!! I have yet to add them to my 'ticked' list! Gee you were game tossing those blades into such snaggy territory - hope you kissed them goodbye before casting!! :074:

,,,,,I had two outfits today mate. Both were 1-3kg rods and 2000 SOLs. One was rigged with 2lb braid and 4lb fluro, and the 'heavy outfit' was 4lb braid and 6lb fluro. Most of the fish fell to the light outfit ,,,,

'Specially when you were fishing so light!!! :1yikes: :1yikes:

Sounds like fun!!! :biggrin2:

Roberta

Nice work Hodgey. You're arms must be sore after all those Ep's.

I can't believe you're game enough to throw blades into that sort of territory but I guess that's why you always come up with the goods.thumbup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

G'Day all

A quick report to summarise this morning's session :biggrin2: Hit the water at 8am in search of EP's. I shared the morning with my mate NIck, who had bought his fly rod along 'just in case'. We fished the Tuross River from the turn of the tide and the run out. First stop was my 'can't miss tree' and true to form, it produced a couple of EP's :thumbup: This is a fairly heavily timbered spot so we both opted for SX40s rather than the blades. The EP's were very specific in their choice of location. They never occupied stretches of bank, only specific snags.

They were out in good numbers today, and although they were all pretty small, they provided plenty of entertainment.

post-3198-127208630762_thumb.jpg

We headed further up the river and found a snag that was holding them in nursery sizes and numbers :1yikes: Nick whipped out the wand and caught Ep's at nearly a fish a cast for a dozen casts. Not being exposed to a lot of fly fishing, I particularly enjoyed this part of the morning.

post-3198-127208650362_thumb.jpg

We both changed to blades (in my new favourite color, Stewy ;) ) and the EP's climbed all over them

post-3198-127208658116_thumb.jpg

post-3198-127208661394_thumb.jpg

My last fish for the day had me hopeful of a better sized EP, but it turned out to be the only bream for the day

post-3198-127208670297_thumb.jpg

When casting blades into this sort of country, it's always with the anticipation of never seeing it again :biggrin2:

post-3198-127208680261_thumb.jpg

post-3198-127208682199_thumb.jpg

Today was a real 'kindergarden' session. We landed 40 EP's, 4 tailor approx 12cm, and one flattie roughly 30cm. Olive fuzzle bugger, TT blades, SX40's and Zaz Zappas accounted for the fish today. We both had a blast! I wonder what Monday will hold ....

Have a great weekend, Raiders

Hodgey