Hacking Fad Gone

nautica

Hi raiders had a very early start this morning boat was in the water by 430 done ok on the squid then made our way out to the fad only to find its gone i cant tell you how pissed off i was. the next 2 hours i was serching till i gave up with the shits and headed back in .oh and at the 80mtr mark the ocean was alive with pillies and slimies shame there was nothing under them

Hi raiders had a very early start this morning boat was in the water by 430 done ok on the squid then made our way out to the fad only to find its gone i cant tell you how pissed off i was. the next 2 hours i was serching till i gave up with the shits and headed back in .oh and at the 80mtr mark the ocean was alive with pillies and slimies shame there was nothing under them

I wonder if there are still any traps wider than the Fads? Last time i was out off the botany wide fad there were loads of trap bubbles just a bit wider out holding dollies. Worth a look if you are heading back out. Will PM ya if i have any success! Cheers

Hi Nautica

I was out there as well, looking for the Port Hacking FAD on Sunday 9thMay. I had checked on the DPI page(Fisheries website)on Friday 7thMay and had the right GPS marks but when I got there it was "missing". I was a bit cheesed off. Then on Monday 10th May I double checked the GPS marks and the website then says it had been removed for winter maintenance, I wished DPI had forewarned on its webpage on the Friday that the FAD removal was planned, not happy Jan :1badmood:

Regards Kit