Big Blue Nose Bream

Mercer007

Hi Guys,

With the swell being up for the past bit I was lucky enough to be shown a shelterd area to fish by Customcasting.

The first time I fished this spot last Friday I landed 20 plus fish but only 2 keeper Bream of around 31cm.

I gave RayR a call yesterday to see if he wanted to go for a flick and as usuall he was in.

Fresh prawns were purchased for bait and some old bread for a burly.

I arrived ahead of Ray and proceded to a likely drummer hole. The tide was rising and I knew I'd only get under an hour out of this spot before it became unfishable.

A few wrasse, a few undersize pigs and some cod were landed then it was decided we'd move.

Ray lands some small bream, and a few blurters, while I land a couple of small bream, a very pale drummer and a small flatty.

So I change my hook from a No 2 up to a 1/0 and first cast I'm on. Just felt like a dead weight for a bit so I had no idea what was on the other end.

Up comes a 40cm Blue Nose, biggest Bream I have ever seen, and I'm stoked. A few photos and we resume fishing.

post-10077-127603853288_thumb.jpg post-10077-127603852451_thumb.jpg

A few casts later I land a nice blackfish, and as I put it with the earlier catch I am still amazed at the size of this Bream.

Ray soon lands him self a nice Bream and as all our baits gone we decide to pack it in for the day. If I had of had more bait I would have stayed cause nearly every bait cast was hit.

post-10077-127603851057_thumb.jpg

The total catch

We didn't land alot of keepers but the chance to fish with a mate and the exchange of friendly banter was awsome.

We decided that we would meet up agian this afternoon for a fish for my B'day..

Bring on the Big Blue Nose Bream again.

Cheers

40cm Breambo is a top effort Pete, and a nice smaller version and a blackie makes for a top arvo of fishin

Shame it didnt put up a decent fight for you though- nromally the BNB go pretty hard, esp the ones in the rivers I find go off like fire-crackers when hooked and they like to try and dust you off on any available structure.

Tight lines

Anthony

:D

Nice breambo Pete & Ray!!! Well done -don't those 40cm ones 'go'!! I've hooked them & thought they were flatties!! Doesn't sound like yours put up much of a fight tho!! Well done on the blackie too!!

Cheers

Roberta

:thumbup: Nice report Pete, lotsa fun even though there were heaps of little fellas,

when you saw me speaking to that little bream it must have worked cause I told him to

go get his big brother for Pete :074:, and up comes that big one for you..

More fun this arvo I hope.. :biggrin2:

Good little session there Peter, :thumbup: at 40cms that black bream is not only a real big bream but a big bream plus another half a bream for Ray to take home had he preferred releasing the tail section :D

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Well done pete on the nice size bream!!!

im guessing we all wish to have caught that monster... lol...

Me and couple mates went to wet a line near manly and also caught about 5 keepers each, reaching the 30's mark.

One actually let itself loose at my feet, it was at least 45cm plus!!! but what can we do aye.

will be having another crack this long weekend.

well done pete and ray :D where abouts did you guys go ? just the usuall avoca rocks? i was going to head up there today but with the northerly winds i was a bit hesitant