South Coast Mayhem (Now With Video)

brendong

Headed down the south coast with the family for the weekend in the hope of getting out for a fish or two....

Snuck out late on the Friday afternoon after hearing the Tailor and Sambo's had made their way into the estury. Put down the divers and it wasn't too long before one of the rods went off so I handed it straight to Melissa and after about 5 mins of heart in mouth action up came a PB 65cm sambo which she was stoked with....

post-4925-127651519792_thumb.jpg

Put the divers back down and continued up the river before both rods went screaming up the river....I dropped mine just as saw a cracking tailor mean while Kyle was strapped to a horse tailor that he chased all over the boat which I managed to capture on vid (will try and attach later)....netted a beast that went 71cm as he notched up a new PB.

post-4925-127651544449_thumb.jpg

Watch Kyle's Video here

Back down again and another double hook up and my 2500 Fireblood was singing a happy tune whilst I hung on....meanwhile Jayden in his first fish since the recent dog attack was strapped into a monster from the deep that turned out to be the best we saw all weekend and it was soooo fat....it went 72cm just to nudge out his big brother and didn't he give it too him.... welldone JayJay great to see you back on the water little man....

post-4925-127651576644_thumb.jpg

I did manage to chime in with a 65 cm tailor of my own but was clearly put to shame the little blokes....

post-4925-127651595018_thumb.jpg

So with all the team getting on the board in a big way, we headed in after it went a little quiet with grins all round, strecthed arms but by far and away the best family fishing sesh we've ever had with all fish returned to fight on.

The following two days were a little tougher on the troll so we deployed the tried and true soft plastic tactics. Kyle chose his plastic based on an earlier trip to Tuross where Hodgey pulled out a 5' jerk shad in blue neon. He clearly worked it to perfection and came up tight on a massive croc in the shallows and played it to perfection with a handful of scorching runs before we managed to slip her into the net...yet another PB for him as it went 83cm and now he's got too PB's over his old man...grrrrrr...couple of photo's and back she went to chase at christmas time...

post-4925-127651650774_thumb.jpg

post-4925-127651656014_thumb.jpg

So that was the end of the fishing sessions and wow you couldn't wipe the smiles off our dials....

Edited by Poddy Trapper

Well done Poddy & fam, looks like a successful weekend. I bet your little fellas will have a lot talk about this week at school!

It was so unselfish of you to let your kids catch such cracking fish . :074:

Top stuff!!! :thumbup:

tangled1

Hi Poddy Trapper,

Great report and excellent family effort on the fish.

Kids must have been wrapped as i bet you were as well.

Love those tailor, fat and healthy. Great catch and release on the croc.

Cheers

What a crackin' session! :1yikes: Huuuuge congrats to the two boys on their new PBs. There is some fantastic fish amongst that lot. It was great to receive your message on the weekend, mate, and the report is every bit as entertaining. What a terrific time spent with Mel and the boys. Bring on the next family sesh! :thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers

Hodgey

Edit: Great rod work by young Kyle :thumbup:

What a great report and a cracking weekend :thumbup: . All of those fish must have been a real challenge on bream gear :yahoo: . I will have to find myself another long weekend so I can travel down there and give the tailor and salmon a crack.

Thanks all for all the comments and pats on the back....yes they did go hard and I was stoked with their efforts....couldn't be prouder of the team......was quite happy to play second fiddle to Mel and the boys....as long as it doesn't happen every weekend...

Just added a video (check under the second picture in the first post).

Edited by Poddy Trapper

Sounds like a fantastic family fishing holiday. I'm sure the kids will have the experience etched in their memory forever. Well done PT. Those are cracker fish for sure.