The Post Titled "yesterday's Catch"

There was a post in fishing reports yesterday that included a picture of an alleged catch by the poster.

This picture was actually published in several local newspapers on the South Coast (Narooma News, Illawarra Mercury etc) in January 2009. The story was about an illegal kingfish catch in Shellharbour. Read about it at the link below.

CLICK HERE

There were many comments, emails and pm's sent to us about this member and his fallacious post. Most people wanted fishraider admin to send this info to the authorities.

I would like to thank members for bringing to our attention any issues. Fishraider admin and moderators work very hard to keep this forum a source of credible information. We are very quick to act on any issues that we see during our zealous monitoring of the posted information.

This issue was picked up very quickly and investigated. It is important that issues are investigated before action is taken. The outcome today is that the member has been removed from this forum and is banned.

Thank you to all again for helping to keep fishraider the best fishing forum.

mrsswordfisherman (on behalf of admin and moderation team)

Thanks Donna and Thanks to everyone that reported this,

I stumbled across the post around lunch time today and had to walk away and have a smoke I was horrified but when I came back and was thinking about

what to say the post was already gone!!!!!

now lets put that behind us and make it "Yesterday's News"

Keep up the good work everyone!!!!!

Regards,

Nathan

Fishraiders are very astute at picking up nonsense and the person who tried this on was already being watched.

Thanks to everyone on this site for the PMs as it makes Admin/moderators job so much easier.

Keep up the good work .....Members biggrin2.gif

Cheers Admin

The person making that post was just being an idiot and trying to stir people up. The fish were found on the boat by fisheries so they would have been confiscated before the fisherman would have had an opportunity to lay them out on a cover and photograph them.

It amazes me just how some people like to get their jollies, although maybe some could say he was just fishing for a reaction... Certainly got one! And hats off to the admin guys for banning them, we don't need those kind on here...

Edited by abecedarian

I'd say the offending poster is a fully qualified buffoon.

Yes you may be right but this post was not put here to debate that.

This has been placed here so that the members are aware of what has happened and that action will be as swift as can be when this rubbish is placed on our forums.