Drummer

hottyscotty

Woke up at 5am and was umming and arring about whether to go fishing because it was cold and it was low tide. High tide would come around 1:30pm. Drummer fishing seemed a bit difficult. The swells were southerly so i picked a north facing spot on the northern beaches just in case swells got a bit high (can't always trust seabreeze). Got to the spot and chose a very low lying ledge because it had more wash. First few casts were snags so i waited till a bit more light came out so i can see where my line was. Nothing for 2hrs. As the water got higher and bit of berley. I landed 2 drummer and a blackie within the hour. All fish came in on the 40cm mark. I never target blackfish but occasionally i get them on bread. This one came in at 40cm plus a few millimetres making it my first 40cm+ model. All fish were caught with king prawns.

The waves were refracting onto the ledge making it a bit dangerous and the higher ledges were taken up. With a good feed of fish, i pulled the pin and went home.

post-3052-127951238205_thumb.jpg

nice fat football shaped blackies there, Hottyscotty plus the drummer to boot!

Well done - just as well us fishos don't get bored with 2hrs of not catching fish, eh!! Some would call it 'optimistic' ..... I call it 'persistent!!' :biggrin2:

CHeerio

Roberta

the middle fish is a black drummer. a chef told me to severe the spine for best quality. so i gave it a go. i guess thats the result of it *shrugs*. just like you iki spike a fish, all their colours come out. it turned back into black after a while. black drummer have stripes as well but its less noticeable because they're black already

Edited by hottyscotty