Blackfishing Novice With Success

Ray R

:biggrin2: G'day Raiders, I haven't been for a fish for a while since I was spoilt up in Darwin.

Anyway thought I would give Blackfishing a go using float and all the traditonal set-up.

I had to use a small threadline reel and my sloppiest rod as I don't have specific gear for

blackfish.

So off I trotted around the rocks, loaded up with some weed and out I cast.

The float bobbed around and there was not much interest in my weeed so I started scratching

around like an old chook and kicked in heaps off smashed up weed, well this got them sparked

up.

After this berley arousal they seemed to come from everywhere, I was stoked to get my first

and then my second, third and so on. I caught and lost plenty and had a real good time doing it.

So that was my arvo around the rocks, very pleased to get a few blackies and sure will give this

a go in the future... :thumbup:

post-3371-128055869257_thumb.jpg

post-3371-128055871254_thumb.jpg

post-3371-128055873716_thumb.jpg

Well done Ray!!! You're no novice!!! Not now, anyhow!! :yahoo::thumbup: Congratulations - very nicely conditioned fish, too!

Kicking burley off the rocks is the best way to go. Really fires them up! I tend not to burley (to my detriment) as usually, I put them back apart from the odd one or 2 for a feed ....... but now that I WANT to catch some - I bomb out!! :tease:

Ne'er mind, it'll come back to me, ...... I hope!

Cheerio

Roberta

Check out my smoked fish pie recipe in the cooking section! YUM

Great story - you used the combined knowledge of this site (and some personal skill I'm sure) to try out a new fishing style and whaddya know!

Makeshift gear but all those nice blackies as a result, and a new fishing option to boot. That's how it's done!

I'm going blackfishing . . . . . .

Well done Ray, by the way I'm sure I know that blacky in the second photo, he looks very familiar.

And don't let anyone tell you that blackfishing can become addictive. I've been doing it for nearly 40 years and I haven't found it addictive!!

Rick

Hey There Ray!!!

I'm the guy in the straw hat fishing briefly with you on Sunday, Thanks again for the tips and the blackie you generously donated since i had to leave early (miss was getting abit cold :))

Your one of the nicest Raiders out there! :biggrinthumb: (I'm sure others would agree!)

Did you hook up anymore after that?